Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brian Westhouse, bad guy?

Brian Westhouse, bad guy?

I wondered.. I've just finished my game, and I keep wondering if this Brian Westhouse is a bad guy? I mean, in the beginning, this "undreaming" got to him, and when the "white dragon" was killed, i wonder if it possible that it was he who killed her? Maybe he became a bad guy after this undreamingthing?? Any ideas?

That's certainly a common opinion around here, even the majority.

And then there's the other crowd, who feel that he's being so obviously painted as the bad guy that he probably isn't

And then there's the people who think that the second group are thinking what Ragnar wants you to think, so actually he is. And then there are the people who.. wait, where was this post going?

No idea, you lost me along time ago.
    "You must save her, Zoe....."
    www.blackhope.net/dreamfall.htm
    Our lives are like flames on the wind, waiting for our salvation to begin.

hm i dont know... in TLJ he helped April (little bit), if i remember it well. And he was a drunker. So you think, that the undreaming thing was in him all the time and then suddenly in dremfall cause death of the white dragon?

People who think Brian West was BAD simply have not played the first game and have no idea. Brian West is one of those people who are on their "own" side and CERTAINLY would help any way he could as proven in The Longest Journey.

YES, he did help April as much as he could in the longest journey. People are stupid and play Dreamfall first before playing the longest journey and makeup stupid ideas.
    Last edited by onion; 09-07-2008 at 10:30 AM.

I still think so.. no matter what he've done in TLJ. Because he doesnt mention anything about this undreaming to anyone, and when he and Zo are meeting the White Dragon, the White Dragon gets uncomfartable and says that she recognized his presence. And just before that she said to April that someone is hunting her...

So Im almost convinced that he's a bad guy. I mean, DF is a new story and things he've done in TLJ doesnt really matter to me. Because I think something happend to him when this undreamingthing got him...

But wait just a minute, did this undreamingthing got him before dreamfall? In TLJ I mean...?

Well, to another thing. Who the hell are that dude in the film when Brian is in Tibet or something 1933???
    Last edited by emmachk; 09-07-2008 at 11:07 AM.

yea thats true... that was really strange, when the white dragon feel smth bad about Brian.

On the other hand, we only know he was stock somewhere between stark and arcadia. On place, when Zoe are at the end of the game too (so dont know if shes really dead). And it was before TLJ, so if it would be, it would be in him the whole time in TLJ too.

What do the undreaming to Brian, if it was in him and make him bad or not, that just a speculation. True is, he stay in the library with the white dragon.
    Last edited by tomparis; 09-07-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emmachk View Post
    But wait just a minute, did this undreamingthing got him before dreamfall? In TLJ I mean...?
    Yeah, that was while he was "stuck between worlds", before he ever got to Arcadia.

Well, to another thing. Who the hell are that dude in the film when Brian is in Tibet or something 1933???
    At the end after the credits? That was Manny Chavez, better known as Cortez.

iam more interested about that guy at the end of dreamfall.... its Reza or not? It looks like him but the Zoe "spirit" tell "be carefull dad its not him" ....???!!!

No, its not Reza.. Something must have taking over his body or something. Pete-guy said that he was dead too, so..

And who is Cortez?...

Well, Im going to play TLJ tonight A friend had the game. Maybe it can help me to understand the story a little more..

There's also the theory that Brian became an alcoholic to 'stop the voices' of the Undreaming's possession. When his supply dried up after he had to flee Marcuria, the Undreaming reasserted itself and started hunting the Kin across Arcadia. Thus his extensive travel.

thats interesting .....

Cortez was important in TLJ, yea play it ynd you will know I will mayby do the same (again). Because its long time i played it.