Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Working on the Painting Movie Crash

Thanks so much Switched and Myrph!! It worked like a charm.

Glad to help!

Thanks, I started this post quite a few months ago with not much success, I came back and tried the file you uploaded and it fixed the problem. Thank you so much for the help.

Hi, I do original pastel chalk as well as oil paintings - I need some one to represent me in selling my work - need to find a good art agent with lots of connections so I can get my work out there to galleries and shows. Where can I find an art agent who will represent me in my original pastel art? Thank you so much for your help.

Why would you post something like that in this thread? This is a completely inappropriate place for such a question.

Red face working on the painting crash

Can anyone give me a step by srep fix for the downloaded version? I have no clue as to how to do this. Sorry...........

Thank you!

Look at post #11. That has the file you need and the instructions for it, if you're experiencing the same problem

Angry working on the painting crash.......now....

after shutting down the computer last night - I clicked in the program file to launch it and it does nothing.......??.......ggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!N ow do I need to download it again???

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Switched View Post
    Since I've been in the business of uploading random files from the game lately, I've also uploaded the cut scene.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1506756

Whoever is having problems with painting cut scene, can try replacing the file. Download the file and put it in Program Files/TLJ/Global/xarc and overwrite the existing file. Let's hope it works.

Now all we need is a test subject.

Thanks very much for this solution, I only downloaded the game last night and was enjoying it until the painting cut-scene. I spent all day today looking for a solution, i've downloaded and replaced the above file and it now works perfectly. Thanks

You would think after 12 months they would have replaced this file in the download version, anyway anyone else with this error (reported as binkw32.dll error), this is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Switched View Post
    Since I've been in the business of uploading random files from the game lately, I've also uploaded the cut scene.

http://www.savefile.com/files/1506756

Whoever is having problems with painting cut scene, can try replacing the file. Download the file and put it in Program Files/TLJ/Global/xarc and overwrite the existing file. Let's hope it works.

Now all we need is a test subject.
    This link no longer works; does anyone happen to remember which file needed to be replaced? I've spent quite a while with google and I can't figure it out. If I could at least get the name of the broken file it would be helpful.

Thanks!

try this one.

edit: replace it in the <install dir>\global\xarc folder (at leats on my machine it's there).
    Last edited by LLlaxmep; 09-17-2009 at 03:04 PM.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Just confirming that 0202.bbb is the one, for future reference. Thank you!

Mine has a problem right at the beginning!

I e-mailed support and they gave me this thread, so maybe you guys can help me out? = ) I have the 4-disc version and I've checked a couple other places for things I can do to fix it, but none of them made it work. So I can only get up to her dream where she goes to walk up to the talking tree and it crashes and says it has suddenly stopped working. I have an ASUS-R503C with the new version of Windows 8. I know it's an old game but I love it and I just really want it to work. If I can't get it to work, I may just break down and try to buy a newer version of the game somewhere, but I don't want to have to do that when I already own it lol. I'm thinking I may have the same problem everyone else is in this thread, so am I able to copy over a cd's file for maybe that scene? Not unless its a CD-RW right? Sorry a little rusty on my electronic vocab = ) Someone help, please?! ; D

No, that's a different issue. Find the three MFC and MSVC DLL files on CD1 and copy them to the folder where TLJ was installed to (that contains game.exe). Hopefully that should fix it.

But if you do want to get the newer version, it usually goes fairly cheaply on gog.com.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"