Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Moments You Just Hate in Dreamfall

Quote Originally Posted by humorguy View Post
    So why, given what FunCom did to the April character in Dreamfall, would Sarah's voice work be of the same high quality? I can imagine she was crying inside for every word she had to say that showed the destruction of this beloved game character - one of the biggest crimes of PC gaming ever!
    totally agreed, i can sence that Sarah didn't like the charater of April from her voice acting

Bring back the TLJ April!

Quote Originally Posted by cong06 View Post
    Please, let's not get in a flame war again? It seems you like to come and tell us we're minorities all the time.

I like how you use the word: "shorter time" and then simply dismiss it. How about we just wait and see.
    Either that or you can actually site real data, and then leave having prooved your point, making us feel even more elitist* then we already feel.

*I'm using the word elitist to mean: a person who is superior in a way that pulls him in a minority, and allows him to contain greater knowledge. I think it fits.
    Nothing I have said is flaming - if someone says something silly I am going to say so. That is not flaming. Problem with the net is strong debate is being curtailed (Gamespot is a good point in question), it should be something worrying us all - not just TLJ/Dreamfall gamers!

The lockpick puzzles. I got them eventually, but at first they annoyed me.
    April getting stabbed.

Three things I hate about the game...

Well, first, I hate the sequence with April in the caves under Marcuria. If you removed that big monster thingy it would be rather enjoyble, though.

Second, I hate the fact that Faiths forehead is gigantic and extremly hideous in the last, most emotional part of the game, before she dissapears.

A third one. Uh, I guess that would be the awful fights.

By the way, hiya all. I am new here.

Quote Originally Posted by drjr View Post
    Second, I hate the fact that Faiths forehead is gigantic and extremly hideous in the last, most emotional part of the game, before she dissapears.
    Leave her alone, she's just a little kid!

I liked all three of those places!

(Russia, Japan, Victory Hotel/Border House)

But I agree with the caves (while playing April)!!!!!

Also I liked controlling the spider in Japan even if it was only for two seconds!

And I was really happy when we got to figure out who Faith was! (not what happened to her of course)
    But just about her.

April in the troll cave is a definate. I almost quit playing it but I put on my thinking caps and got through the puzzle. ^^ after resting for one whole day.

captions bothers me sometimes, makes me wanna read them instead of listening to the speaker but listening is probably better.

I did not like that dog at the hotel. :P Or when the twins were chasing me. lol.

I did like Japan and the part where Zoe was helping Damien.

I hated troll caves, but now it's not such a awful place... It was a moment T.cames was my fave level not now, though.
    -.-
    The worst levels are :
    1. Victory Hotel(damn Vinnie, creepy place, sad memories)
    2. WHOLE Wati corp (thus far when your hanging save on the bot)
    3. Troll cave / Swamplands -->(killing moment)
    There are times in life when something happens and you have to make a choise, and this choise will change your path in life forever.
    You create your own destiny, but sometimes, just sometimes ... Destiny chooses you.

1) The Musical Melody Puzzle
    2) The Ending
    3) The Action

I don't understand why every one is complaining about the caves. I thought that they were very easy and enjoyable, minus the music puzzle. If you thought it was hard then why is that a problem? Shouldn't the puzzles give you a bit of a challenge? I thought that the puzzles were rather easy in the game. Nothing like TLJ.

Talking Do not CHEAT!

I know some parts made me going nuts, but I appreciated some help. I know it's cheating but I looked at the walkthroughs. But only at the places which they make me going "NUTS". So I say; if you look at them everytime, the game will be boring. You will know everything; go there, stay there, talk her, watch out for the spiders etc... So, play the game by yourself. Don't cheat. Cheating is not good. (Hey you, are you looking at walkthroughs? Shame on you!)

Quote Originally Posted by the Daydream View Post
    (Hey you, are you looking at walkthroughs? Shame on you!)
    I realy usend walkthrough in TLJ, and sometimes it wasn't needed at all *shamed*... Except for Alais' telephony-system; there wasn't any logic by my opinion(Well, actually there was. But not for me). And there is some other excepts to use walkthrough..
    Last edited by April-Ryan; 01-27-2008 at 07:05 PM. Reason: now-noT
    There are times in life when something happens and you have to make a choise, and this choise will change your path in life forever.
    You create your own destiny, but sometimes, just sometimes ... Destiny chooses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
    I don't understand why every one is complaining about the caves. I thought that they were very easy and enjoyable, minus the music puzzle. If you thought it was hard then why is that a problem? Shouldn't the puzzles give you a bit of a challenge? I thought that the puzzles were rather easy in the game. Nothing like TLJ.
    I think the problem with the caves was more the stealth aspect of it - and the scary monster if you failed to be stealthy enough - rather than the puzzle that you had to do simultaneously.

I didn't personally have a problem with it, though. I think my 3 would be:
    * The silly combat. Many people say it was easy, but I died several times (not literally!) and I just hate having to die and go back to a saved game. It ruins immersion, in my opinion.
    * Victory Hotel. I found it very difficult to get past Vinnie, partly because of the combat.
    * When ZoŽ just gives up. I know it's all justifiable, but it felt like a disappointment when so much time was spent freeing ZoŽ from Friar's Keep, and then when she meets Brian Westhouse she says her goal is just to get home.

The Victory Hotel scared the bejeezus out of me, but you didn't have to do too much puzzle-solving while trying to avoid combat.

The catacombs, however, required you to do lots of running back and forth, all while trying to avoid the Grubbers and their big Warrior brothers. What was most frustrating about that was, while you had the chance of beating Vinnie and/or Ivar, in the catacombs it was impossible to defeat the Warrior Grubbers.

yeah running around in the catacombs gave me a headache lol.
    I didnt use any walkthroughs in dreamfall but i did in TLJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Liv View Post
    yeah running around in the catacombs gave me a headache lol.
    I didnt use any walkthroughs in dreamfall but i did in TLJ.
    If I didn't use any walkthrough in Df(for caves)I'd be forced right now in madhouse...
    And maybe somehow I could've been passed TLJ without any walkthrough... But i didn't