Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Moments You Just Hate in Dreamfall

1)
    April Ryan caves:
    Very irritating to do, especially sense the giant troll just puts the smack down on you.

2)
    The ending:
    Most drawn out ending I've ever seen... about 20 minutes of cinematic scenes, very little interaction of the player.

3)
    Well, troubling thinking of one... (Doing homework at the same time splits thinking processes!)

Quote Originally Posted by gameshoes View Post
    2)
    The ending:
    Most drawn out ending I've ever seen... about 20 minutes of cinematic scenes, very little interaction of the player.
    o_‘'
    The ending... i loved it... i sat like OO during the whole thing, and then when it ended i probobly sat like that for a while more, watching the credtis, extra scene and then... just the main menu.. i was out of it for an hour, i guess...
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

The cave was one of the best parts in the game I thought. Nobody expected that big giant to come after ya lol. The easiest way around him though was to run to the hidden door and use it when you spooked the patrol. worked everytime in my case and allowed you to avoid the giant. You just stand on the other side of the hidden door til you hear him walk away and you can go back out.

I really only have one: The part where ZoŽ ends up in Arcadia for the first time and has to go through all those things (getting the herbs and such) to find Minstrum Magda. The whole thing with the herbs and running back and forth, it just bugs me lol. Other then that...I used to really hate the caves, but after replaying it a 'few' times I actually like that part. Same with every other part I disliked for some reason at first (probably because I got stuck, which interferes with the story, it slows it down).

Smile just beat the game today!

I bought the game earlier and but didn't played it until 2 days ago. The game was so great, and intrigued; I couldn't resist playing more to reveal the story. But this is what interesting about adventure game: the story. I mean, if you want action, combatting, there are other games out there. And I do have. To rate the game by its action combating mode is irrelevant for me.
    * 3 evens in the games that I like most is:
    1. the scary troll caves where April has to find clues and escape the big trolls. That was a silly but REAL FUN hid-and-hide game.
    2. the wati corp HQ: it was real fun; I felt like hasted, drearry...I mean I just loved being chased while doing "bad things" )
    3. I refer playing as Roe, but the game was really fun when it also allows me to play as other characters. I loved the heated discussion between April and Apostle.
    4. Extra: I also loved the dialoge, and the travel.

* 3 things that I dont really like:
    1. the focus view: I mean, there is no point of a focus view if I cannot get a first-person look of the game. You know sth I just wanna screen print the games to capture the splendid graphic.
    2. the running was sth borring and frustrating. Especially the running to get the spices. I believe I could have been better if the games allows the players to interact with more characters, doing more sidequest, maybe get some jokes and get some good views of the scence. Then it is like touring an exotic place right?
    3. the games did creates a lot of excitement and emotion. Still, it is still very rigid in some cases. For examples: you break in a company, expecting very heavy security. But you just get the mobos running around, no hidden security camera, or you can just running via a giant square to the towel, knock a guard without getting notice.
    4: extra: the ending is a little bit frustrating. Good guys die. I really love April faces and watching her fall down was tooo sad! And Reza? who is he? was he dead? and this one! oh, I cannot wait another year!

Suggestion to producer: (if they hear)
    1. please allow a focus view, and allow me to print the screen. There is no lose here I believe!
    2. please add more seak-and-hide, more security challenge to the next games.
    3. please make the hot scence a little bit more real. Wait! the games was rated mature right!

Or I need to graduate quick and join their staff. haha

Quote Originally Posted by littlemonster View Post
    I loved the heated discussion between April and Apostle.
    4. Extra: I also loved the dialoge, and the travel.
    There was definitely some things about the dialog that kinda got on my nerves...
    The "heated discussion" between April and the Apostle was one of them. Skip to the end, and just listen. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with the voice acting for April. She's reading from the script!

ugh. ok. that was mine. The "heated Discussion" was the worst, but throughout April's voice actor for this wasn't near as good as the one for TLJ. imo.

Yeah the thing in Dreamfall is theres less interactivity and more dialoge, too much dialoge for me, even though the story was intersting some of the cut scene talking was just tooooooooooooo long, i was just like " let me chose somthing to say" or "what he say! i just tuned out! was it inprotant!? oh no! now what did April say! ahhh rewind rewind"

It would help if they could of made the dialoge a bit more interactive!

Apart from that i was fine, i acturally liked the scary parts, it wasn't like fear or doom 3 where your heart was pumping every single time ( i don't like scary things) and it gave the game a diffrent falavour so you wond't get bored of the talking... lol

The caves, was really hard, trying not to see the troll and solving the puzzle the same time! even though it was annoying i still loved it i mean the feeling when i finally got the gate open! that was great!

to me a bit of scary is good but not too much
    long dialoge and just watching pixels move their lips and talk dialoge.. not so good

Quote Originally Posted by cong06 View Post
    throughout April's voice actor for this wasn't near as good as the one for TLJ. imo.
    If you're playing the English edition, it's the same actor.
    April Ryan is my friend,

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    If you're playing the English edition, it's the same actor.
    .... And can you imagine what that voice actor, Sarah Hamilton, went through reading the lines and seeing what FunCom had in store for April Ryan in Dreamfall?! A character that she must have loved as much (if not more!) as practically every single TLJ player! (You can tell from the excellence of her voice work for April - voice work that everybody said was brilliant!)

So why, given what FunCom did to the April character in Dreamfall, would Sarah's voice work be of the same high quality? I can imagine she was crying inside for every word she had to say that showed the destruction of this beloved game character - one of the biggest crimes of PC gaming ever!

I repeat ad nauseum: Can you imagine Valve doing that to Gordon Freeman in Half Life 2? Can you imagine Eidos doing that to Lara Croft in Tomb Raider 2? It was a crime what FunCom did to April Ryan in TLJ 2 and we all, us gamers, and FunCom, have paid the price for it!

I hope Ragnar won't pay heed to whiners about April....I mean Ragnar, I must say, I was impressed! Because I know how selfish and annoying a stuck person in life can get!

Quote Originally Posted by ravenwoods View Post
    I hope Ragnar won't pay heed to whiners about April....I mean Ragnar, I must say, I was impressed! Because I know how selfish and annoying a stuck person in life can get!
    It was the choice Ragnar made for the 2nd story that MADE April stuck - you idiot! He could have written it another way where she WASN'T!!! You're talking as though the Dreamfall story created itself rather than being written by somebody! The TLJ story could have gone in many different directions! This wasn't FunCom's only choice! Heck, Valve had the choice of killing off Gordon Freeman and Eidos had the choice of killing off Lara Croft in the second Tomb Raider, but of course, they recognised that would be the most stupid thing to do in the world! FunCom unfortunately didn't.

One year after TLJ was released threads were still buzzing. Dreamfall has fallen a lot shorter than that. If you don't believe the treatment of April Ryan is not a part of that then you are not a true TLJ fan, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by humorguy View Post
    .... And can you imagine what that voice actor, Sarah Hamilton, went through reading the lines and seeing what FunCom had in store for April Ryan in Dreamfall?! A character that she must have loved as much (if not more!) as practically every single TLJ player! (You can tell from the excellence of her voice work for April - voice work that everybody said was brilliant!)
    I remember you

I wouldn't say it quite that dramatically...but that makes a bit of sense...

I'm not quite sure why I was convinced it was a different voice actor. I'll have to check it out...

I like what Ragnar did. I loved April of TLJ a lot! And that haven't changed in Dreamfall, even though April have. I think it seems quite reasonable, especially when i keep in mind the last words of April from TLJ (something like "What am i suppoesed to do now...? Go back to school...? Live my life as if.. as if i was a regular person?")
    I do hope she'll shift more towards the TLJ April later (no, she's not dead. NOT DEAD, i tell you!), but it does suit the story, and she's not that bad...
    April Ryan is my friend,

KHH - you may like what Ragnor did - but obviously given that this game, so far, has only sold one quarter on PC that TLJ did (albeit in a shorter timeframe), it would seem you are in quite a minority.

History will show Dreamfall as a footnote to TLJ. You think HL2 will be a footnote to HL or the Tomb Raider's a footnote to the original Tomb Raider? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by humorguy View Post
    has only sold one quarter on PC that TLJ did (albeit in a shorter timeframe), it would seem you are in quite a minority.
    Please, let's not get in a flame war again? It seems you like to come and tell us we're minorities all the time.

I like how you use the word: "shorter time" and then simply dismiss it. How about we just wait and see.
    Either that or you can actually site real data, and then leave having prooved your point, making us feel even more elitist* then we already feel.

*I'm using the word elitist to mean: a person who is superior in a way that pulls him in a minority, and allows him to contain greater knowledge. I think it fits.