Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 3 Moments You Just Hate in Dreamfall

3 Moments You Just Hate in Dreamfall

I mean, I'm obsessed with Dreamfall and I would play it over and over again... if not for these moments where I just want to go "Urgh! This is way too hard/scary/boring, I wish it wasn't in the game."
    Well, here are my worst moments.

1. The whole level in Venice. It's very creepy, especially the Victory hotel.
    2. Level in Japan, where Zoe has to insert a virus in the WATI-corp system.
    3. St. Petersburg. Not only is it boring, but kind of scary too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffty View Post

_ OLD
    1. Only the hotel, didn't like it
    2. Agree!
    3. It's kind of boring yes...

- NEW

1. The damn caves
    2. The hotel/Old Borderhouse
    3. WATI-corp
    Last edited by EvilMurray; 06-30-2007 at 09:30 PM. Reason: Forgot caves

The only part that I didn't really like at all was the cave underneath the Journeyman Inn. As ZoŽ, I could not for the life of me figure out the sequence of the melody. I killed both the creatures so I never even heard them play the sequence at the door until I played as April. Eventually I had to just write out all 81 possible combos and run down the list. Then as April the creature kept spotting me when I went into the side rooms and it would play that video and it scared me every time but at least with that one it didn't take me long to figure out what to do and how to do it, it just took me a while to actually finish, cause I kept getting spotted and killed cause I tend to not be patient enough to do the whole sneaking around thing for long periods of time. lol. But yeah, did anyone else think it was weird the ZoŽ could kill the creatures so easily, but April got killed no mater what? Is this just a continuity issue or a pivotal mythological development of some kind?

1. The cave with the bloody trolls beneath the journeyman as April...
    2. The loading screen just outside Friar's Keep...
    3. All the running with the spices...

Oh damn.. I forgot the caves! That was the worst!

April in the troll caves. Augh. Nervous sneaking is not my idea of fun.

That was the worst, but the other sneakings (Border House, Wati, etc.) were no piece of cake either. The factory was creepy too until I learned there was no one there.

Of course, the ending. I wish it'd keep going.
    Someone is out to make me paranoid.

Urg! The Cave with April! I always worry if the troll is coming from behind or in front of me. It is frightening and thrilling, and I love it.
    "Nothing captures human interest like human tragedy"-Da Vinci Code

Definitly April in caves! That was the most annoying thing in gaming history...besides that I like the parts OP said.

I mean, I'm obsessed with Dreamfall and I would play it over and over again... if not for these moments where I just want to go "Urgh! This is way too hard/scary/boring, I wish it wasn't in the game."
    Well, here are my worst moments.

WHAAAAAT? you hated japan? i loved it. the scenery was really cool in the area where she first gets off the plane.
    the parts i hated were victory hotel cuz of the creepiness and the caves. hated that stupid monster that would hunt you down that you couldnt even defend yourself against

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by RachelW_S View Post
    But yeah, did anyone else think it was weird the ZoŽ could kill the creatures so easily, but April got killed no mater what? Is this just a continuity issue or a pivotal mythological development of some kind?
    Yeah! But the creature in the caves was kind of bigger than the ones Zoe had to deal with, and, I think, invincible. Playing as April, I tried to kill it, but it just killed me with one hit!

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkPanda View Post
    WHAAAAAT? you hated japan? i loved it. the scenery was really cool in the area where she first gets off the plane.
    (
    Well, yeah, I like it at first, but then it's just too much sneaking around and avoiding the spider... urgh... But it's quite cool overall.

Oh, I completely forgot the caves! I hated that! Especially the statues where you had to guess the right symbols.

I can't quite think of three, but I'd have to say I cringed every time one of the supposedly japanese characters spoke. Apparently, in the game's timeline everyone in Japan has forgotten how to pronounce their own names.

Oh, I completely forgot the caves! I hated that! Especially the statues where you had to guess the right symbols.
    What guessing? It blatantly showed you the answer!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    What guessing? It blatantly showed you the answer!
    I must have missed it. I played it on a school computer with a teacher in the room

Spoiler follows! (I know we're in the spoilers forum, but still...)

The gate that you're trying to open has two rows of symbols on it. One row matches the symbols on the statues. The other row matches the symbols on the floor at the crossroads between all the statues. It's not hard to see how they connect