Page 5 of 132 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: New members introduce yourself here!

Looky over thar its a three headed baby eating a mongoose! Lets get em' pa.

Please note: It seemed as if things were getting back on topic there and that cannot be allowed. I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH. Can someone now please post a vid of a 3 headed baby eating a mongoose? Kthnxbuyz.

Lightbulb Hey just got here today

[QUOTE=dangeROSS;50654]Looky over thar its a three headed baby eating a mongoose! Lets get em' pa.

We've got road kill Possum here "Eat more Possum"

Sorry I'm gonna get back on topic...
    I just got here today, and after searching the modding threads, I looked for the introduction thread. Yeah I see I found it. A bit about me, I got into pc games only a few years ago, playing them though didn't really hold my attention too well so I began creating custom content. I began to grow tired of the last game I was creating for, though the game was fun to create cc for, it was pointless to play. So I searched till I found a game that not only looked interesting to play, but also had the modding capabilities to export and import meshes in a format that was compatable with Milkshape. I believe I've found it. I've just ordered my copy of the game {overnight shipping} so by this time I should begin the journey.
    Last edited by SplinterdShards; 03-16-2007 at 02:24 AM.
    The splinter shards the birth of separation

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Let's just say that the English versions sucked. Maybe it's better in French.
    Try Russian one.

Quote Originally Posted by arcade View Post
    Syberia was a fine game, heard the second was not so good.
    Second Syberia is better - modernization.
    Time for average get through:
    Syberia 1 - 8 hours,
    Syberia 2 - 7 hours,
    Dreamfall - 10 hours.

I hold the opinion that Syberia 2 has left much more (hear, much more) is worse than the original.

New in town

Hey folks. Wandrew8 suggested that I introduce myself here, so here I am.

I haven't played many adventure games other than old text based ones, but a while ago I picked up a copy of Syberia and was captivated. When I saw Dreamfall I just knew I had to give it a try.

What can I say but that it was amazing? Sure, I've read some of the comments here that point out it's flaws. I can agree with them to some extent. I don't play action games because I don't like dying over and over and over. And I wasn't happy with the ending (I just finished it last night). I wanted more of a resolution.

But...

It's still, to me, an amazing game. I even started it over before I finished it because of things I read here. Like, now I know what to do with the pebbles and why I bought the gum. And now I have to get TLJ.

Now I have a question and a couple of observations.

The question - As you come through the tunnel on your way to the Fringe I noticed something odd. Is that an old WW2 era underwater mine to your right when you turn towards the door?

The elevator scene - I thought that was hilarious. "The air. Dry. Yes." There was absolutely no point to it, but it cracked me up.

The spice merchant - He reminded me of Michael Palin in the Monty Python Cheese Shop sketch. Did anyone else think that?

And finally, I'm new to this type of forum. How do you do that quote box thingie?
    What if there were no hypothetical questions?

You click on the quote button in the bottom right corner of the post you want to cite.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    You click on the quote button in the bottom right corner of the post you want to cite.
    Cool! Thanks.

I was just looking in the FAQ for info on how to markup posts. This is going to be fun.

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeyTurks View Post
    Hey folks. Wandrew8 suggested that I introduce myself here, so here I am.

I haven't played many adventure games other than old text based ones, but a while ago I picked up a copy of Syberia and was captivated. When I saw Dreamfall I just knew I had to give it a try.

What can I say but that it was amazing? Sure, I've read some of the comments here that point out it's flaws. I can agree with them to some extent. I don't play action games because I don't like dying over and over and over. And I wasn't happy with the ending (I just finished it last night). I wanted more of a resolution.

But...

It's still, to me, an amazing game. I even started it over before I finished it because of things I read here. Like, now I know what to do with the pebbles and why I bought the gum. And now I have to get TLJ.

Now I have a question and a couple of observations.

The question - As you come through the tunnel on your way to the Fringe I noticed something odd. Is that an old WW2 era underwater mine to your right when you turn towards the door?

The elevator scene - I thought that was hilarious. "The air. Dry. Yes." There was absolutely no point to it, but it cracked me up.

The spice merchant - He reminded me of Michael Palin in the Monty Python Cheese Shop sketch. Did anyone else think that?

And finally, I'm new to this type of forum. How do you do that quote box thingie?

Welcome to the forums, and have a nice (posting-)time!

Welcome to the forums JoeyTurks!
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Final Fantasy XII, Zelda Twilight Princess, Blood Omen 2

"A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever" -Shigeru Miyamoto

X JAPAN reunion!
    In the memory of Hideto "hide" Matsumoto

NESguide, My Youtube, Mii Projects

Quote Originally Posted by Mii View Post
    Welcome to the forums JoeyTurks!
    Yes, Welcome JoeyTurks

Cool! Thanks.
    I was just looking in the FAQ for info on how to markup posts. This is going to be fun.

Welcome!
    "He’s split into, like, seven pieces: He’s like - in some spiritual way - one part chaotic, the other part toaster oven, then there’s like a logic part and then he’s like.. plastic…" (about Gordon)

Welcomd JoeyTurks

If you want to serve under King ryanlq of the Dreamfall forums, please go to this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kjølv View Post
    If you want to serve under King ryanlq of the Dreamfall forums...
    Thanks, but I think I'll stay neutral on this one.

Dreamworld Member
    Thanks, but I think I'll stay neutral on this one.
    Correct decision...although what Kjølv said could also be interpreted not as an offer, but as a demand

Quote Originally Posted by oxygen88 View Post
    Correct decision...although what Kjølv said could also be interpreted not as an offer, but as a demand
    True... but he did say please.