Page 32 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: New members introduce yourself here!

Welcome, Katrina!

Quote Originally Posted by *~Gardenia~* View Post
    I love Caffe Lattes... Also, Hot Chocolates are always delicious too...
    I love all types of coffee really... With the exception of a certain few types of coffee I suppose... :\
    How do you feel about civet coffee?

And welcome again, Mission!

Civet Coffee, hey?

Never heard of Civet Coffee before, lol, but from the description in the Wikipedia article about beans being digested and what not... Somehow I think it may not be one of my favorites... LOL. I guess you never know until you try it out though.. Heh..

fitz fixes a feist's fits Switched's Avatar
    Welcome, Garli, Kirnetro, MissionVao, Gardenia! Have fun and ask if you need any help. Stay active and all that jazz.

Smile

Hey there , my name is François-Xavier but everyone call me fx so ^^ ,i am from France .I have discovered TLJ by accident and since the first screen i have been addictive... I played to dreamfall too .Since i have finish it i have been searching for news and that is how i found your awesome forum ^^

I play to Kotor 1-2, star wars Galaxies(mmorpg) and other adventure video games

Nice to meet you

(and all my apologies for my english .. dont speak fluently so hope it will be understandable

fitz fixes a feist's fits Switched's Avatar
    Yay, France! Just got back from there 2 days ago.
    Hi, fx! Welcome to forums. If you need anything, feel free to ask. You're most likely to find news from this thread. Cya around.

thanks for the welcome ^^ and the link Hope you have enjoy your stay in france

hi . i needed help regarding TLJ and its cutscenes. I posted my query here-
    http://forums.longestjourney.com/sho...9422#post69422

I loved the game. Everything about it .The only thing i disliked is how ugly april looked in the cutscenes. dam shes ugly! why did they use ingame cutscenes,coudnt they use pre-rendered cgi or somthing?

i read at alot of places that TLj took people more than 50 hours!? I dunno ,ive been playing since the 15th a few hours daily.i spent more than 25 hours thats for sure and i played from 11am to 7pm last night finishing it(that would mean i took 8 days to complete).But i highly doubt i spent 50+ hours.Did i miss somthing? I played it real slow,read everyline of dialogue,story,library stories etc.maybe i just didnt realise the time passed.

anyways im on of the few people who despise grim fandango(dont flame me).As much as i loved the world,characters ,setting,locales,story etc ......i personally despised the horrid control scheme and some puzzles were horrible(because of the controls and inventory system). I hated having to rely on manny lowering his head to find objects.Made it unnessarily complicated for no reason.Plus the inventory system was terrible. One item at a time?Even MI4 was better.Im surprised no reviewers critisised the game more for that.terrible design choice imo.

Personally i thought MI3 had the best control scheme but TLJ is hands down better IMO because of the excellent inventory system(using a and s buttons to scroll through inventory in the world,made playing the game so much more fluid and intuitive.)

Such a good game.TLj .so much fun.Great puzzles.Solving the sorceror ones and the beach phonebooth ones were throughly satisfying.The control scheme is so good. I was sad when flipper dies.he was awesome.The sorceror was funny too.Hopscotch? lol.

adventure games have officially become one of my fav genre. after playing MI3 first then grim fandango ,then MI3 and now tLJ im just loving it all. next up os broken sword 1 and 2 followed by all the pre-1997 lucas arts classics.Not bad considering i started adventure gaming last october.
    Sad, how the once King of pc genres is now but a mere shadow of its former self.Maybe il try syberia too.
    Last edited by Bawa; 07-23-2008 at 01:47 AM.

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawa View Post
    I loved the game. Everything about it .The only thing i disliked is how ugly april looked in the cutscenes. dam shes ugly! why did they use ingame cutscenes,coudnt they use pre-rendered cgi or somthing?
    Actually, they were pre-rendered. They use in-engine cut-scenes for Dreamfall, though.

Hi guys,

you probablly didn`t miss me, but nevertheless I am letting you know that I am back

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Welcome!

Actually, they were pre-rendered. They use in-engine cut-scenes for Dreamfall, though.
    doesnt pre-rendered mean they make the game movies independent of the game engine? if thats the case why the make her so weird/abnormal/ugly? I mean it looked liked she had giant plugs of hair attached to her skull.eww.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio_Nebeway View Post
    Hi guys,

you probablly didn`t miss me, but nevertheless I am letting you know that I am back
    Welcome back!

doesnt pre-rendered mean they make the game movies independent of the game engine? if thats the case why the make her so weird/abnormal/ugly? I mean it looked liked she had giant plugs of hair attached to her skull.eww.
    Yep, that's essentially what it means (not made in real-time using the engine itself). And remember both that cg animation has come a long way since then, and TLJ was fairly low-budget.

Quote Originally Posted by *~Gardenia~* View Post
    I love Caffe Lattes... Also, Hot Chocolates are always delicious too...
    I love all types of coffee really... With the exception of a certain few types of coffee I suppose... :\
    But do you have a favourite barista?

i read at alot of places that TLj took people more than 50 hours!? I dunno ,ive been playing since the 15th a few hours daily.i spent more than 25 hours thats for sure and i played from 11am to 7pm last night finishing it(that would mean i took 8 days to complete).But i highly doubt i spent 50+ hours.Did i miss somthing? I played it real slow,read everyline of dialogue,story,library stories etc.maybe i just didnt realise the time passed.
    Where have you heard that it has taken people 50 hours? Because I myself have claimed that, but only because it advertised 50 hours of game-play on the back of the box.

Welcome, everyone.

Hi there!

Figured I had to drop a few lines here, even though it might be a bit late now, since I've been on this forum for ages (about 2 days).

I currently live in Norway, and I'm as old as some of the trees in the forest nearby. (Yeah, kinda' a puzzle! if you think about it, it could be any age really!)

I first heard of TLJ when I visited my cousin in 2002, and she was sitting next to her (back then) new, modern computer playing it. I didn't understand anything, but I still found it really interesting!

Anyways, that's a long time ago. A few weeks ago however, I saw Dreamfall: The Longest Journey in the "old games-sale" basket of some store, and suddenly it hit me (Burns Flipper's flying's saucer). What? It couldn't be.. that same game? No, it looked too modern, so I read the back of the cover, and realized that it was actually a... sequel? I had never heard of this! Why didn't my cousin tell me?
    Anyways, I bought it right away, and shortly thereafter I went to a different store and bought TLJ.

Safely back home with some snacks on my desk and the games in the cd-tray (much like it is now) I started playing.

Time passed. I was still playing.
    Trip to the bathroom.
    Playing.
    Upstairs to get some more snacks (gotta love M&M's!).
    Playing for several more hours.

Finally! Chapter 1 complete!

That ended up being a long night, and many more followed, but eventually I actually completed both games, and (I must say) that was/is/will always be one of the best games I have ever/is/will ever be played/playing. I'm talking about TLJ now obviously, I think of Dreamfall more of a partly interactive movie (you know what I mean) to tell the story. Which is great though, I liked Dreamfall for the story, and I liked TLJ for the story, and the gameplay. (When I say Story, I mean in this case characters, plot, locations etc)

Phew, I'm just writing and writing (and writing and writing). Sorry, I'll continue my writing in other threads!

Oh, and my name is Kim! (Excuse my stupid username, it just ended up that way many, many years ago)

Looking forward to discussing Dreamfall Chapters with you all, now I have to go back to catching up with everything on the forum! (What's up with the love affair between KLH and April-Ryan anyways?)

Hi Kim! Has your cousin played DF too? You should get her to sign up here too!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimkimi View Post
    (What's up with the love affair between KLH and April-Ryan anyways?)
    Heh. You'll fit in just fine around here.

Good to hear

What are you doing up at this hour anyways? (I'm one to talk!)

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Has your cousin played DF too?
    Actually, I don't think she has!

*Reaches for the phone to call her, but changes his mind*
    Maybe I should wait untill it's NOT 5 am