Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anyone read Otherland?

Quote Originally Posted by LLlaxmep View Post
    oh, dear... /facepalm. this is exactly what i was trying to avoid. please, let's stop this right now, guys, i'm sure we can figure something much more interesting to discuss between us.
    That you ...?
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

no, those are parts of me: an arm, a shoulder and a dubious bone-box i have for a head.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Nice
    You should post it in the picture thread we had, that died a year or so back.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

evolutionary sleeper
    well, as i said earlier, this stuff is absolutely subjective. to each his own.
    Yes, true. That's the reason I only challenged only one part in your and Quna's arguments - that it's impossible.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

oh, dear... /facepalm.
    Ha! I hadn't actually clicked on that, and didn't know it was of you and this forum. *saves*

11. Renie lives in the South African town of Durban, and teaches Virtual Reality at university. She begins to investigate the Otherland network when her brother's consciousness disappears into the network. Zoe lives in the North African town of Casablanca and studied bioneering at Cape Town university. She began to investigate DreamNet when her ex-boyfriend disappeared researching the network.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    "international" language
    I guess we can add math to that list.

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    Seriously, though, besides my beloved native Hungarian language
    That reminds me, in my region 12% of population are Hungarians. Btw, they often identify me as one of them, I don't know why, they mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    11. Renie lives in the South African town of Durban, and teaches Virtual Reality at university. She begins to investigate the Otherland network when her brother's consciousness disappears into the network. Zoe lives in the North African town of Casablanca and studied bioneering at Cape Town university. She began to investigate DreamNet when her ex-boyfriend disappeared researching the network.
    Yesterday I've found weak parallel between Guardians and one of the Muslim branches, but I'm afraid to write about Islam on forums.
    Last edited by Happy one; 06-22-2009 at 10:57 AM.
    Journey!
    The more I get, the more I want
    - as (h/m)oney.

And alltongue...
    Ah, yes, I forgot
    Do you... look like them? have similar intonation? something?
    I've just been thinking, in my region I saw two very different types of Hungarian's appearance and probably I look like one of those types, because different Hungarians told me that I look like them.
    Maybe it because ancestors of Hungarians came from Ural, and my Russian granny has her roots not far from there, she must have some Ugric component she doesn't know about.

Why's that? Go ahead! We don't mind
    Unless you're going to say something insulting, which, I suppose you're not.
    No, it's not insulting, but I'm cautious by habit. I'll write about that later, now I have things to do.
    Journey!
    The more I get, the more I want
    - as (h/m)oney.

I was gonna repost this question at the Red Thread Games forums to see if it got more interest this time around, just to find out that my thread was necroed not once, not twice, but THREE times and I never knew it! So here's a fourth necro, just for fun. Six years...