Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall score nominated for MTV Video Music Award!

I liked the Dreamfall soundtrack more so than The Longest Journey's. Perhaps the one aspect of the game I can truly hold over the original in all regards. Except maybe the menu music... Those two songs are going to be the end of me if I have to decide between them.
    'I came here to read a cool post, a witty dialogue, a fresh joke, but stumbled upon a "bump"...
    Way to go, jerk...'
    ~CordlessPen
    'sometimes i fantasize about gyro.... one day, he will evolve into pure energy and become lord of the universe. he is love.' ~Nater255
    'Notice how gyro remains ambiguous, even when we know what he's doing? genius. He has the makings of a little megalomaniac.' ~paladriver

I voted for Dreamfall without any doubt even though I own 3 of the other games and have played all of them.

I personally feel Dreamfall has one of the best music scores in any computer game I've played. I am playing the game a 2nd time without the music and frankly its quite emotionless. But I like it like that because I know once I turn on the music (especially the ending scenes) I will bow my head in tears... the game has just moved me tremendously. I felt it was the combination of the story and music. The story set up the emotions and the music drove them straight home, right down to the core. Simply fantasic.

I am definately going to pursuade my friends/family to vote for DF.
    Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out of it alive.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgYVK...arch=Dreamfall

I voted! lol

after seeing it in Ragnar's blog. The Ghost Recon one sounded pretty cool too, but of course I voted for Dreamfall. ^^ Dreamfall's music is awesome!!!!

I'm going to go vote again on the many laptops lying around the house......
    A dream is an answer to a question we haven't yet learned how to ask.

A sorely needed bump. Vote now for our game

I voted

Why the hell is Electroplankton there?

Voted for DF. I've always had a passion for orchestral music, and as soon as I get Garritan Personal Orchestra I plan to write some.

Quote Originally Posted by GyRo567 View Post
    I liked the Dreamfall soundtrack more so than The Longest Journey's. Perhaps the one aspect of the game I can truly hold over the original in all regards. Except maybe the menu music... Those two songs are going to be the end of me if I have to decide between them.

I didn't particularly care for the title screen music either (perhaps because I heard it too much?) but yeah, the three(?) original songs were amazing.

Watching the VMAs now (didn't think that would ever happen)... hope Dreamfall wins!

Sadly, Dreamfall lost the award to Oblivion (... as in Elder Scrolls IV). But don't be discouraged, being a viewer choice award this became a popularity contest (and face it, Dreamfall isn't all that popular) instead of a true judgement of video game score. Dreamfall remains my favorite score to-date.

It is a big enough honor having Dreamfall nominated for an MTV award. Hope this gives the game more much deserved pubilicity.

Senior Asst. Community Manager Famine's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by KayMan2k View Post

Sadly, Dreamfall lost the award to Oblivion (... as in Elder Scrolls IV). But don't be discouraged, being a viewer choice award this became a popularity contest (and face it, Dreamfall isn't all that popular) instead of a true judgement of video game score. Dreamfall remains my favorite score to-date.

It is a big enough honor having Dreamfall nominated for an MTV award. Hope this gives the game more much deserved pubilicity.
    Indeed it was! It was very exciting atleast being nominated for the award.

Talking

yes, that nomination already satisfied me. Hope the 3rd game (if there is) will gets more attention
    "Nothing captures human interest like human tragedy"-Da Vinci Code

I play Oblivion a lot more than I play Dreamfall. In fact I moderate one of the main Elder Scrolls forums, but I didn't vote for Oblivion.
    I agree that Dreamfall's music and general musical themes are better, and they go so well with the story.
    But as was said, Oblivion was always going to win as it's becoming a very popular game and has so many sites and forums dedicated to it.

hmmm we lost. It seems we may have to do some converting on these other "forums".

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by makhno View Post
    I play Oblivion a lot more than I play Dreamfall.
    Er, even if you played Dreamfall more than Oblivion, you would in the long run have played Oblivion more than Dreamfall

DF lasted in my hands like, what, a week? Less? While Oblivion looks like it will take ten years or so to finish (*rolls eyes* I gave up on it already... I only did that once with the computer RPG Wizardy in the long gone past, another one that seemed as if it would never, EVER end). I like long games as long as they manage to sustain my interest, like Bioware's Knights of the Old Republic. Digressing...

I'm glad DF got nominated, even if the masses didn't chose it. Good publicity for a great game.

yeah. well I guess the other one was better but the connection to awsome is missing. How disappointing.