Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Saved games

Unhappy Saved Games

Hello.

I tried to download your saved games but unable to open them. Why??

More details. Did they not show up among the saves? Did the game refuce to load them?
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Red face Saved games file not working

Hi....

I saved them but i need to open them under what version? .doc or what?

That depends on what you've got. If you've got .sav files, then you don't open them at all -- you just put them in the same folder as your normal Dreamfall savegames and then load it from within DF itself.

If you've got a .zip file, then you need to open it with WinZip or a similar archive program (or just double-click it in XP or higher); it should contain .sav files which you copy across as above.

Unhappy Chapter 8

Hi could you PLEASE help me,

Warning, contains spoiler from chapter 8:
    I need a save game at chapter 8 after Brynn tells April Zoe has been
    captured., it freezes for me as April leaves the room and no matter what I do it won't work, all the available saved games miss out a good deal of stuff and I don't want to jump straight into the next chapter so if you can please please upload me the next available bit after this scene I'd really really appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    1) Find the save game you want. If it's at the start of a new chapter, you may download it above, if not you'll have to get it some other way.

2) Place it in your saves folder. This folder is most likely in your game dirctory. (commenly C:\program files\Funcom\Dreamfall\saves)

3) Just put it in the directory. It should be names like "dreamfall_<number>" You'll want the numer on the end to be one higher than your current highest number. You shouldn't overwrite your old ones.

4) Play Dreamfall ^_^
    Thank you<3
    I know it wasn't meant for me,but now I can keep playing!!

EDIT;

THe saved games I needed was no64...but I checked my folder, and it appears I have up to 126. I save all the time,out of fear for dying

now how do I get to use this save file? I'm a total n00b on this area -__- thanks so much to anyone who can help me out.. Just got the file to help me get out of a two year slump,so it would suck if I have to restart :/
    Last edited by ElfHybrid; 01-28-2010 at 12:40 AM.
    I'm not hostile,I'm just not very friendly.
    --
    Welcome to the geek-o-phone.please dial the correct answer to this question to get through to the operator.What am I?

Correct reply: 1337
    ----
    ^^

just wanted to say it worked,I got it^^
    I'm not hostile,I'm just not very friendly.
    --
    Welcome to the geek-o-phone.please dial the correct answer to this question to get through to the operator.What am I?

Correct reply: 1337
    ----
    ^^

my game keeps crashing at the very end of chapter 3 dose anyone have a save from the start of 4

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    1) Find the save game you want. If it's at the start of a new chapter, you may download it above, if not you'll have to get it some other way.

2) Place it in your saves folder. This folder is most likely in your game dirctory. (commenly C:\program files\Funcom\Dreamfall\saves)

3) Just put it in the directory. It should be names like "dreamfall_<number>" You'll want the numer on the end to be one higher than your current highest number. You shouldn't overwrite your old ones.

4) Play Dreamfall ^_^
    I do not have this dirctory: C:\program files\Funcom\Dreamfall\saves
    I do have: C:\program files\Новый дискl (version was original Russian) but there is not dirctory with savegames (altough it does work in the game itself I don't know where to place the save games).
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

try this: download Process Monitor from MS - this little tool lets you, among other things, see all the file system and registry calls a program makes. set up a filter to only log dreamfall.exe activity, run the game, save, then look through the log for the calls to write a file - this should give you an exact file name to look for as well as a full path to where the file was saved.
    "Ragnar?! You's got some s'plaining to doo!" (c) wandrew8

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    It worked great! Thanks! I can finaly continue the journey myself (watching playtroughs and reading the script is fun, but less fun )
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

saved games in my blog

Hi everybody! :-)

http://www.strulovitz.com/blog/

If anyone is still interested, I'm starting to put dreamfall PC 4-CD version saved games in my blog (each saved game will also have a screenshot picture done with snag-it), so hopefully no one will get stuck anymore. if the blog gets cluttered choose the Dreamfall category to find the saved games...

Blessed be the balance!

Quote Originally Posted by chompi View Post
    Hi everybody! :-)

http://www.strulovitz.com/blog/

If anyone is still interested, I'm starting to put dreamfall PC 4-CD version saved games in my blog (each saved game will also have a screenshot picture done with snag-it), so hopefully no one will get stuck anymore. if the blog gets cluttered choose the Dreamfall category to find the saved games...

Blessed be the balance!
    Since there are points in the game where you can make choices that affect the story, are you going to make savegames for these different outcomes as well?
    Last edited by Skizzo; 01-04-2011 at 12:55 PM.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by chompi View Post
    I'm starting to put dreamfall PC 4-CD version saved games in my blog
    I'm assuming you meant the 6CD version (the US-only one). There isn't a 4CD version of DF.

Thanks for these saves they are very useful.
    :OutATime: