Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Faith music piano sheet?

Faith music piano sheet?

Hey Guys,
    I just watched the scene where Faith dies in Zoe's lap again and I do admit I had a tear fall down my cheek. The music was just so moving.

Anyways, I noticed the music was played entirely on the piano. I was wondering, does anyone know if the piano sheets for this song have been released yet? I know the song is pretty simple but my piano skills aren't too great so I find it difficult to play songs by listening to music.

If they haven't been released (or aren't going to be), perhaps someone with a high level of piano skill can write the music down by listening to the keys played. Just a suggestion.

I really feel moved by this song and it would be good to play it in my life when I am feeling down about something.

Cheers,

Maqqie

ok, I've worked out the treble cleft (right hand) notes. I can write them here if anyone wants (they're pretty easy). The base cleft (left hand) is harder because it has several notes played at once. If anyone can find out what those notes are I'd be most appreciative.

Maqqie

You could try writing Leon Willett who composed most of the music. I know he hasn't written this one, but maybe he can contact Morten Sorlie and point him to this thread?

Sebastian

EDIT: Entering Morten Sorlie into google brought this site up. Could be him, so you can also try contacting him personally.
    Last edited by Rainforest1155; 07-13-2006 at 10:08 PM.
    "Don't stop backing! #bringbackZoe - lets keep going - #saveApril - http://kck.st/14XAHB3" - lets keep the buzz going on Twitter by retweeting

If you get this sheet, would you please share it with us?

Gee, play the one where Zoe returns to Casablanca...
    Crow: "Glad to help, doll."
    Zoe: "Doll?"
    Crow: "Um, I mean 'independent and self-reliant female person who's not an object to be ogled or used solely for my own personal amusement and pleasure'."

Quote Originally Posted by invictius
    Gee, play the one where Zoe returns to Casablanca...
    Whats that song called?

song name

Faith by Moreton Sorlie, btw PLEASEEshare the piano sheet if u have it, or if u know hgow i play, i REALLY wanna learn it

I need to learn this song. I love it. if any1 have the sheet music, plz send it to me: magic_ante@hotmail.com

or post a link to the page where I can find it

I like that piece of music too.

Yeah... Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maqqie View Post
    ok, I've worked out the treble cleft (right hand) notes. I can write them here if anyone wants (they're pretty easy). The base cleft (left hand) is harder because it has several notes played at once. If anyone can find out what those notes are I'd be most appreciative.
    Perhaps you should post whatever you have?
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Dreamworld Member
    There's a free programme called "Finale Notepad", which can be used to write down the notes.
    I tried it out once - 'accidentally' with the Faith-theme - and I think one can manage to write down the notes pretty easily... at least if it is without the harmony...

Got that program. I've begun writing the song. So far I got a little. I will post it here when I've written a little bit more.

Need help with one thing. What tempo is it played in? 4/4, 6/4 2/2? I know its played in F major and got the speed of 55 forth notes / minute (fjärdedelsnoter/ minut). Im swedish, so I dont really know the names for all things =P.

Well here is the beginning:

A D C3 (played high)
    F F D2 (play the D that is lower than the C) So D is thumb and C is pinky.

Good Luck // Andreas Rydell

Dreamworld Member
    I wrote down the first few beats and played both the original song and "my own" melody synchronously; it appears that the rhythm is (almost) exactly 4/4; but maybe the asynchronicity will only show up at later beats (or tacts?)...

Well. I realized that its not F major. Its D minor. And thanks to you oxygen88, Ive started to write down. And its going well. Written down the first 30 sec of the music. It doesnt sound very long, but it's the rythm that is weird. The long notes shall be six beats and then a fourth paus, Then the next note shall be played.

Give me a week or two and I might have written down the enire song.

Wish me good luck

//Andreas

Now I have written down almost everything in the right hand (the melody). I hope I can write down the left hand as well.

If I continue like this, it will be ready by tuesday or wednesday next week.

I dont know if the values on the tunes are correct, because when I listen to the song and my sheet at the same time, the real song beginns to speed up and my sheet gets like a fourth tune behind.

Why is it so difficult to explain with music names in english....If you dont understand what I was trying to explain, I will try explain with dots

Faith theme: . . . . . . .
    My Sheet: . . . . . . .

They get a little unbalansed. But it doesnt sound bad when I listen to the sheet only.

Well, for those who always wanted to learn it, soon you will, just wait a little longer.

Your music god // Andreas Rydell

Edit:

I havent been home and havent had much time to work on the song. I will have to delay it another week or so.
    Last edited by kazin; 06-27-2007 at 08:56 AM.