Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall mods! Come and get your Dreamfall mods here!

?edicated Quote Fairy
    Maybe a stupid question, but do you think that the disappearance act you managed with
    April's cloak could be applied to Zos ponytail?

Most definately, it seems the same method would work just fine. Although, the pink rubber band (or whatever it is) that makes up her ponytail is not removable, I think.

Hi everybody!! I'm trying to use the DFModactivator, but I can't runt that!! I select a mod and then the program installation stops before the end! Can anybod help me? Thanks!

Dreamworld Member
    Did you get any errors or messages? "It won't work" doesn't really help us find the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by simonelds
    Hi everybody!! I'm trying to use the DFModactivator, but I can't runt that!! I select a mod and then the program installation stops before the end! Can anybod help me? Thanks!
    Do you have a non-english version of Dreamfall? If so move bin/res/resource.pak out of the pak directory, then run DFModactivtor and then move it back in. No idea what that file does (random binary data, so most likly something compressed), but its not present in the english version and does confuse the DFModactivtor. Next version will fix that problem.

Hi everyone. Have played through the game (and I'm playing through it again because I enjoyed it so much). I was wondering if anyone had managed to locate and extract the character models. I'm interested purely for educational purposes, of course. Just wanted to import them into blender and have a play.

Comments appreciated.
    Om mani padme hum

Oh wow, I've been working at this kinda stuff, but I didn't realize someone had beaten me to it. I'd love to chat with you about how you did this stuff, are you able to drop me an email? My address is my username at gmail dot com. Or, even better, add me on msn. Address is as above.

Have a look at those two threads, they contain links to tools and information:

http://forums.longestjourney.com/showthread.php?t=3430
    http://forums.longestjourney.com/showthread.php?t=2352

There are three tools at the moment DFModActivtator that lets you install modifications, DFToolBox that lets you browse through the .pak files and view textures, mp3, dialog and stuff and extract them and DreamView that lets you view and extract the 3d models from the game. There are also some other tools around in the DFToolBox .zip that let you play around with the dialog files to allow translation.

Thanks a bunch! But for some reason when I try to install (eyebrow mod), when I went into the game there were no textures for her clothing or skin at all (they were white) and her nose looked odd.

EDIT: nevermind, I installed it again and it worked fine.

Any chance we could get a blue eye mod, pretty please?
    Last edited by Pugsley; 06-22-2006 at 05:21 AM.

Blue eyed Zoe

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley
    Any chance we could get a blue eye mod, pretty please?
    Here's something I threw together quickly, fiddling with hue/saturation. Just extract it to the DFModActivator's mod directory. I wasn't sure how 'bright' or blue the eyes should be (they look very dark in the little preview gif) - if they're too dark, let me know and I can change it.

http://rapidshare.de/files/23884998/...eeyes.zip.html

Haha! Was playing round with textures this morning...

Ever wondered what Zoe mixed with April would look like?
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/zoeapril.jpg

Or there's this one...
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/zoekaren.jpg

EDIT: More experimenting...when strolling through the textures this morning, I noticed that there was a blonde hair texture (for the Karen character - see previous image) in the game. Inspired by skribb's blonde Zoe mod, I decided to give it a go as well, but using these textures to see how it would come out (I wasn't expecting it to work very well). After a couple of hours of photoshopping (or actually Paint-Shop-Pro-ing), I finished it - actually came out better than I thought it would. It was mostly done just to see if I could re-use the actual blonde hair texture from the game - if anyone's interested, I can post it. A comparison:

http://members.iinet.net.au/~hocking/zoe-hair.jpg

skribb: What was the transparent colour that you used for the cape-less April?

EDIT 2: Just thought I should say I'm not trying to show you up by doing the same mod, skribb. Your mods are great!
    Last edited by tock; 06-24-2006 at 11:22 AM.

Maybe someone can mod in the rest of the game?

Verbose Hyperbolist Lee in Limbo's Avatar
    Veraxus: Maybe someone can mod your attitude. If I can find the time and the code, I'll give it a shot, if it will get that humongous chip off your shoulder.

Great job guys! maybe we can edit scripts and text so we can make little games out of the engine eventually using the same characters and maps for now of course. We could make parodies! heh

Would it be possible to make a 'belly-button'(like in the underwear mod) version of Ze's regular clothes?