Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall mods! Come and get your Dreamfall mods here!

Nice work, Skribb! I have the Xbox version, so I can't use these, but I do like the "degothed" April preview-- I always felt like April in Dreamfall was a bit too far removed from the April of TLJ. This brings her a bit closer.

Ok, here the first test release of the DFModActivator, it includes all of Skripps modifications with a nice clickable user interface, it automatically backups the paks so it should be reasonably save to use, however there is always the possibility of bugs, so handle with care, havn't tested it myself under Windows yet only on Linux:

http://clanlib.org/~grumbel/dfmodact...2006-06-06.zip

Feedback is welcome, especially if it works at all

Edit: Tested it now myself, doesn't work under Windows, freezes when you click install, something wrong with threading.
    Last edited by grumbel; 06-06-2006 at 07:45 PM.

Nice mods skribb! Keep up the good work...
    ...It`s good that grumbel made that program for installing the mods cuz it seemed a lot more complicated before..... (haven`t tried it yet though....and it doesn`t seem to work with Windows... )

Here another try, fixed (or well, worked around) the threading problem:

http://clanlib.org/~grumbel/dfmodact...2006-06-07.zip

That DFModActivator version worked for me and my windows ,
    but ZoŽ has now a shadow on her face, that won't go away.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5401/shot00050tn.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Shard of Truth
    That DFModActivator version worked for me and my windows ,
    but Zoë has now a shadow on her face, that won't go away.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/5401/shot00050tn.jpg
    Yeah, that's because of a bug in grumbel's extraction tool. It thinks the normal head is the newport head (when Zoë's wearing a hood - hence the shadow) and vice versa.

I guess one could simply rename the texture files?

DFModActivator works great! Well done grumbel (and skribb for the mods!). One small suggestion for the program, nothing major.

The dialogue box where you select the Dreamfall path, the order of the buttons at the bottom is different to what you'd normally expect. Normally OK/Yes is on the left, and No/Cancel is on the right. It's the other way around here. Like I said, it's not really important, just something I noticed.

Again, well done and thanks!

Download this file and replace it with the original one. This will remove the shadow off ZoŽ's face, her Newport face though, will remain untouched (until grumbel fixes his extractor).

Right-click, save as: http://home.no/skribb/temp/zoe_head_...t1_texture.png

Spiffy. Just a minor thing here that all in all will not really be noticable, but could you make a small gold ring for April to wear? After all, she had it with her for the whole first game and it's her one reminder of home and how her father wasn't actually a total so-and-so, therefore it seems a little weird that she'd just throw it away.

Nice work with the de-gothing of April!

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt._Public
    Spiffy. Just a minor thing here that all in all will not really be noticable, but could you make a small gold ring for April to wear?

Sure! Back in a jiff.

Ok, done. I haven't tested this, so if looks all fawked up, just tell me what's wrong and I'll fix it, kay?

Put it in the "april ryan" folder, where the de-goth mod is.

Right-click, save as: http://home.no/skribb/temp/april_bod...outfit_tex.png
    Last edited by skribb; 06-07-2006 at 11:43 PM.

Well, extraction tool worked, but now April and Zoe have no hair and their clothing has no texture. Is there a way to everse the process?

Quote Originally Posted by F131
    Well, extraction tool worked, but now April and Zoe have no hair and their clothing has no texture. Is there a way to everse the process?
    Is this post adressed to me or grumbel?

If you used the dfmodactivator go into the dreamfall directory, then into bin/res/ and rename all "*.pak.orig" files back into ".pak", the tool itself doesn't have a 'uninstall' option at the moment.

If all fails you can also simply remove all paks and rerun the install/uninstall program of Dreamfall, it comes with a "repair install" option that will recover your files without requiring a complete reinstall, you however have to delete the faulty .paks yourself since it won't touch already existing files.

Any chance of removing April's rediculas cape?
    Importing 3d models into the game is still quite a bit away, however it might be possible to simply replace the cape with a fully transparent texture, however havn't tried that.

Another good idea for a mod would be one that replaces the loading screen with solid black.

Quote Originally Posted by grumbel
    If all fails you can also simply remove all paks and rerun the install/uninstall program of Dreamfall, it comes with a "repair install" option that will recover your files without requiring a complete reinstall, you however have to delete the faulty .paks yourself since it won't touch already existing files.
    Yep, thats what I will have to do. Not a big deal, I'm on my second play through.