Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreamfall mods! Come and get your Dreamfall mods here!

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    Yep, verified, the link on the first post (to the netelephant site) is for 1.0, and still works.
    As I've written in another thread, I have that version, too, but for some reason the Desktop-shortcut has the 'beta3'-inscription in it, so I thought it might be not the latest version; I also saw the 'version 1.0' inscription, so I wasn't sure what version it exactly is. (admittet, 'Version 1.0 beta3' sounds a bit strange )

Hmm... I tried to mod too, but I got a problem. I am using photoshop with DDS plugin. I extract Kian's sadir texture (my fav char ) and edit it by adding a crude "K" tatoo on his back (just for testing). I edited, then saved, replaced the file, entered the game and... nothing ! KIan is still as usual in Sadir AND when I try to re-edit the file, photshop says that it can't open it, though it did a few mins ago... help please?
    "My time here is ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well." -- Darth Revan

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Revan View Post
    Hmm... I tried to mod too, but I got a problem. I am using photoshop with DDS plugin. I extract Kian's sadir texture (my fav char ) and edit it by adding a crude "K" tatoo on his back (just for testing). I edited, then saved, replaced the file, entered the game and... nothing ! KIan is still as usual in Sadir AND when I try to re-edit the file, photshop says that it can't open it, though it did a few mins ago... help please?
    Have you used the Dreamfall ModActivator? You have to put the edited texture in the correct path where you installed the ModActivator (you can see the path when you extract the texture with the DfToolbox), then run the Activator, and it should work. Oh, and you need to rename the .dds file to .png, of course (a certain option under Windows need to be activated so that you can rename the real file-format).
    For further questions, just write them down (in this thread or via PM )

Prince of Procrastination
    Hey guys I just want to let you know that I have been working on some changes to both Dreamview and DFToolbox for better model support... it is taking forever as I only work on it once a week at most. If you have any specific requests maybe I can work on them. I plan on making big changes. PM me.
    I believe

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tock View Post
    Hmm...not sure about this yet, will have to re-install the game later to see how I did it before.
    I absolutely don't want to urge you, but do you already know how you did it before?

Oh..oops. Sorry...completely forgot about it cause of uni assignments this week. Will try and give it a go sometime tonight.

Hey, can someone please try and mod in the Talisman of the Balance onto April's persona (AKA model ) either by texturing it or modelling it ? Just a thought, if it ain't possible, forget what I said
    "My time here is ended. Take what I have taught you and use it well." -- Darth Revan

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tock View Post
    Oh..oops. Sorry...completely forgot about it cause of uni assignments this week. Will try and give it a go sometime tonight.
    Oh, okay, no poblem, thanks for the effort

@Revan
    That would be a nice task which I'd like to try, but unfortunately I have quite a lot to do in the next week (for school)...

No problem oxygen.. take your time, really . After all, you don't have to do this... it was just a thought.

Shouldn't be hard to put the talisman onto April's texture. Got a good picture of the talisman anywhere?

Nope. I uninstalled TLJ a loong time ago and I don't got the cd anymore. So no screens. Maybe Google can help.

Hmm..having more trouble with this that I remember.

Okay, so far, I've exported the model (using Zoe's model here as the example, under "castillo_home/zoe_casablanca"). I've exported the model in SMD format, imported it into Milkshape, tweaked (ie deformed) it, reopened Dreamview, imported the model, and it shows up fine.

However, (I'm sure I've just forgotten to do something here), it doesn't seem to be injecting the model into the game's PAK files. The model shows up fine in Dreamview, but even after clicking the inject button, it doesn't affect the in-game model...

Dreamworld Member
    Hmm, my biggest problem at the moment is: I cannot import a .smd-file into Milkshape, for it crashes if I try to do so!

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, so here are the proceeding how I export the model and try to import it again:
    1. Selecting model at DreamView (for example: castillo_home --> zoe_casablanca (double click on it, ZoŽ appears without any animation)
    2. Exporting model (Export--> selecting smd-format --> name the model, for exmaple 'zoe')
    3.Opening Shareware version of Milkshape 3D 1.7.8; Import--> Half-Life SMD --> selecting file --> window opens, which 'asks' what (or how) I want (it) to be imported (Triangles, Skeleton, Rename Bones), and if I choose everything, the game crashes after clicking 'OK'. If I deselect the 'Skeleton', the message 'This model contains vertex weights. MilkShape 3D does not support vertex weights and has imported just one bone per vertex.' appears, and the model is imported, but very...strange.

I don't know what to do...maybe I have forgotten something?

Exclamation

Hello, folks. This is mostly addressed to the creator of the Toolbox.

Am trying to enable some cheats here, by modifying .cdr parameters. Extraction is quite alright, file gets extracted in .txt format. I modify the stuff I want, remove the "# shark3d_snake_binary 2x4" string from the top of the file, and compile it with shark3d.exe (shark3d --compile my_file.txt > my_file.cdr). All fine so far, I move it to the mods folder, create its path and import it with the mod tool.

Once I open the toolbox and read the .pak again, the selected file is not readable in the file viewer. Possible bytes not matching. I have an error stating "Error: Error: Unrecognized code: 0xa at 0x297".

Guess I found a bug ? I'll try to export it the raw way with a hex editor and compare which symbols get changed on compiling, against the original file...

P.S.: Also, when uninstalling my "mod", the file doesn't get restored

P.S.2: Way to go. I extract a .cdr file in .txt format, I recompile it and try to decompile it. Doesn't work. I mean -> o_O ? Should't it get decompiled ? I didn't modify anything in it...

- extracted motion.cdr as motion.txt;
    - removed the string;
    - compiled -> shark3d --compile motion.txt > motion.cdr; compiled fine;
    - tried to decompile -> shark3d motion.cdr > motion.txt; no go (Premature end of file) o_O;

grumbel, pl0x reply ! Gotta PM him...
    Last edited by SunBeam; 04-22-2007 at 04:10 PM.
    Visit my blog from time to time Ľ http://sunbeam.bubble.ro/

Quote Originally Posted by oxygen88 View Post
    Hmm, my biggest problem at the moment is: I cannot import a .smd-file into Milkshape, for it crashes if I try to do so!

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, so here are the proceeding how I export the model and try to import it again:
    1. Selecting model at DreamView (for example: castillo_home --> zoe_casablanca (double click on it, ZoŽ appears without any animation)
    2. Exporting model (Export--> selecting smd-format --> name the model, for exmaple 'zoe')
    3.Opening Shareware version of Milkshape 3D 1.7.8; Import--> Half-Life SMD --> selecting file --> window opens, which 'asks' what (or how) I want (it) to be imported (Triangles, Skeleton, Rename Bones), and if I choose everything, the game crashes after clicking 'OK'. If I deselect the 'Skeleton', the message 'This model contains vertex weights. MilkShape 3D does not support vertex weights and has imported just one bone per vertex.' appears, and the model is imported, but very...strange.

I don't know what to do...maybe I have forgotten something?
    Odd..I've not done anything out of the ordinary, steps 1 and 2 the same. Step 3 - I just leave all three ticked, and it loads fine.

But yeah, I checked, it works:
    http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/9023/zoeapriltw9.jpg
    http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/430/shot0000lb9.jpg

Kinda off-topic, but I noticed it whilst playing around with the models - check out how weird April looks without her hair:
    http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/9...lnohairtk4.jpg hehe