Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Dreamfall mods! Come and get your Dreamfall mods here!

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Nope. I guess the process is too complex, there are all kinds of things you can mess up: uvmapping, weight maps, replaced joints, messed up animation... I don't know, I know next to nothing in 3D modeling, just enough to know that I shouldn't mess with it for the sake of the game.
    i finally managed geting the model properly into a 3dmodeling program and edited it
    but i had to convert the smd file first to import it into the program. that apparently changed the setup of the model too much. now the importer doesnt recognize the newly created file even if i export it with milkshape like it was advised in the dreamviewer thread.

of course making a new game would be far more difficult but when you dont know much about 3d model fileformats and the internatls of the gameengine modifying things is equally hard.

thank you! since editing models doesnt work ill instead try editing textures a bit.

nml files store the normalmaps. they are normal images but are for some reason stored in another file format whose header begins with "STFU". however you can extract them like any other texture with texmod. i dont know if you can replace them with a "real" texture file though.

the transparency is stored in the alphachannel of the texture but the alphachannel is primarily used as specularmap. textures that are transparent ingame, like hairtextures, use an #alphatest shader that apparently requires a pixel to be 100% transparent or opaque. these textures dont have specularity. the alphachannel in zoes headtexture is used as specularmap except for the unused lashes.

edit: i followed you tutorial (thanks again!) and the modtool doesnt work for me, it crashes everytime i try to enable a mod :-(

my first little mod: 3 variation sof the object highlight brackets, i originally wanted to change the color but the weird green is controlled through some script and cant be modified so i decided do change the shape.
    http://nimga.com/f/NOvmT.gif(it takes a while to load)

i use them through texmod. because the modtools crash for me i cant test if it work with them. if anyones interested just tell me and ill upload the files.

does somebody still have dreamex with the readme? i would really like to implement the brackets through it so you neither need the modtools nor texmod to use them.
    Last edited by Wobak; 03-12-2013 at 09:30 AM.

*resurrects*

I'm sure I'm not the only one to come up with this, but has anyone tried to create a mod to reinsert the infamous 'rain conversation' into DF?

I know it at least exists as text, but I can't get the toolbox to run to see if they actually recorded the dialogue.

Does anyone have the skills to do this?

I'm fairly sure that the text was transcribed from the dialogue, so...

(I didn't think dftoolbox let you edit the conversation trees though?)
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"

I tried these mods. very good they are. they're rad.
    :OutATime:

Sorry for this ,but i just made a new thread/post to ask about getting new links for the mods here.
    Then i noticed skribbs says to post a reply here in this thread ,if the links to mods are dead.

So if some one can post a free friendly link for all the mods,it would be appreciated.
    (Maybe all in one link )
    I hope some of the talented guys responsible still pop in here from time to time

P.S....
    i have the zoe-shorthair mod and i'm not sure how to load the mod .
    Does it involve using the dftoolbox ?
    or can u make a subfolder and drop the mod into it ?
    Last edited by doomcake; 11-05-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks very much for replying.
    I had no idea dftoolbox contains mods.
    I left the dftoolbox archive sitting in a folder and went looking for mods

That's good news,thanks.

p.s.. i downloaded dftoolbox-2006-10-30-1.zip.
    I presume that is the last version to be released.
    Last edited by doomcake; 11-06-2014 at 06:14 PM.

How to create a mods? What programs for it are necessary? How replace a texture files?
    Patience brings power