Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the Undreaming?

Quote Originally Posted by AstralTraveller View Post
    Well, to play the devil's advocate, sobering up after being drunk for a dozen years can affect one's personality a bit, can't it?
    Yes, but as Quna pointed out there are more changes than his quitting drinking. In TLJ he practically vowed to defend his house to the death and in Dreamfall we learned that he did no such thing.

I think Peats was an agent of the Undreaming. Maybe he was a little too voracious when tempted by all those dreams, he consumed too many, and then he ended up being a nuisance instead of a useful agent - and then his assassination makes sense, too.
    In what way would he end up a nuisance? That means that Gilmore and co have a use for Peats' abilities. What use?
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    Yes, but as Quna pointed out there are more changes than his quitting drinking. In TLJ he practically vowed to defend his house to the death and in Dreamfall we learned that he did no such thing.
    On the other hand, we know that the Tyren occupation didn't last very long. Maybe he meant that he left after the Tyren had been defeated?

Quote Originally Posted by Miral View Post
    On the other hand, we know that the Tyren occupation didn't last very long. Maybe he meant that he left after the Tyren had been defeated?
    Well, then he should have said so. Drunk bastard.

I thought Undreaming was just another term for Chaos...

Didn't Brian Westhouse assassinate vestrum Tobias? My impression is that he was under the influence of Chaos from the moment he came to Arcadia. He didn't flee from Tyren invasion because he was in league with them.

Just my two cents.

evolutionary sleeper
    But this is quite human, isn't it? Like
    "I will defend my *hiccup* house to death, I will!"
    Then:
    "Holy shit, what are all these arrows doing in my windowframe? Hey! They're shooting! No fair! No faaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiir!" *accelerates*

In what way would he end up a nuisance? That means that Gilmore and co have a use for Peats' abilities. What use?
    I'm thinking the whole dream capturing scheme and mechanism was Peats' idea. Probably originally he and Gilmore was working towards the same objective - transferring the dreams to the place that April found. But then old perverted Peats found out how good dreams tasted, and started stealing from the stream. Probably more and more, and finally, someone (something) had enough.
    This is all speculation, of course - but it looks quite coherent to me.
    A fully working kitchen holds a great many things, not least of which is a huge collection of ways of committing horrible murder, plus multiple ways of getting rid of the evidence.

The Undreaming is the thing the Vagabond is afraid of. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
    The Undreaming is the thing the Vagabond is afraid of. The end.
    Yes, it is, but what is it's function, how does it work, where is it? That is far from the end, mate, it's only the beginning.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Quote Originally Posted by Quna View Post
    Nope, but it can very well cause the chaos.
    Says who? :P Remember, I only played the games twice so I may not be familiar with stuff which may be old news to you folks.

He's a suspect, yes. But we've never got to know for sure. As you know, innocent until guilt is proven
    I suppose. Who else is a suspect, though?

I'm thinking the whole dream capturing scheme and mechanism was Peats' idea.
    That's a reasonable conclusion.

Probably originally he and Gilmore was working towards the same objective - transferring the dreams to the place that April found.
    Who's Gilmore again?

Why would they want to transfer dreams to anywhere? Methinks that the idea behind it was just a new form of entertainment, at least originally. Making lots of money, you know.

But then old perverted Peats found out how good dreams tasted, and started stealing from the stream. Probably more and more, and finally, someone (something) had enough.
    This is all speculation, of course - but it looks quite coherent to me.
    Hmm, Peats is likely one of the first who tested the dreaming technology and became addicted or something. Where did they find that huge lab creature and how did they brought it there? Who brought it there? Peats? Anyhow, the experiments with dreaming tech caused some serious implications and we're witnessing the results in Dreamfall.

We can do nothing but speculate at this point. :P

Quote Originally Posted by WildCard View Post
    I suppose. Who else is a suspect, though?
    I don't believe there is actually another suspect that we know of (apart from some wild speculations, of course). But the point remains the same: we don't know for sure that it is Brian.

Who's Gilmore again?
    Gilmore's the blonde woman telling the two scientists next to Eingana to keep working on the project, because she wants it finished in time. She also watches the twins attack Peats at the end of the game.

Hmm, Peats is likely one of the first who tested the dreaming technology and became addicted or something. Where did they find that huge lab creature and how did they brought it there? Who brought it there? Peats?
    The Eingana core does look like some giant creature/growth, but it is entirely possible that they didn't find it anywhere, but grew it themselves.

My two theories: 1) it was grown using Faith somehow; 2) it's Cortez's comatose body, maybe mutated.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    My two theories: 1) it was grown using Faith somehow; 2) it's Cortez's comatose body, maybe mutated.
    I remember the second one. Wasn't that theory come up with when we saw the first screenshot of Eingana and some thought it looked like a dragon?

I remember the second one. Wasn't that theory come up with when we saw the first screenshot of Eingana and some thought it looked like a dragon?
    Yep. Back in the teaser it was red.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Yep. Back in the teaser it was red.
    Interesting...
    Last edited by WildCard; 08-22-2009 at 07:18 PM. Reason: quote

And what's this black thingy on Eingana's concept art?
    The infection (Faith)?

And what's this black thingy on Eingana's concept art?
    Hmm... I never really noticed that. I guess I always assumed it was a natural part of it, but there might be something wrong going on.