Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Victory Hotel padlock puzzle

I am too having problems with the Victory hotel padlock puzzle can anyone please help me on this and i would be apreciated if you could explain to me on how it is done, i have tried so many times but i feel i am not getting anywhere on this.
    Last edited by Ian30; 06-03-2006 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian30
    I am too having problems with the Victory hotel padlock puzzle can anyone please help me on this and i would be apreciated if you could explain to me on how it is done, i have tried so many times but i feel i am not getting anywhere on this.
    Here's what you want to do:

The symbols above and below the circle - you want to get those on the left and right parts of the circle. You can do this by spinning the next circle over, which will have the missing symbol on it, which will "pass it on" to the circle before it. Then you spin the circle so the symbol you need is on the left. Once you've got the top symbol on the left of the circle, (spin the circle so it appears on the left if need be) you want to get the symbol you need, below that circle, on the OPPOSITE side of the one you just put on - on the right. Same procedure as last time. Then you spin the wheel until they both click in place! Move on to the next one and do the same. You will find that there are no symbols "free" when it comes time to do the last or 2nd-last circles, so you can just spin the circles you've "fixed" - as long as you DON'T "give away" the symbols you need to match. The idea behind the whole thing is "giving away" symbols on a wheel which aren't needed, to a wheel where you do need them, in the right place. If you still have problems, send me your savegame, and I'll get past it for you, save, and send it back to you. I know how you feel, I was pissed to no end that I'd really gotten into the game, wanted to find April Ryan, and just couldn't go any further!

I still don't understand the goal here. "The symbols above and below the circle - you want to get those on the left and right parts of the circle." When you say "above and below" are you referring to those immediately above and below or the two top-most and bottom-most symbols? This makes no sense. Lets take the first circle. Whatever I match the right side symbol to (irrelevant at this point) that right-side symbol of the first circle is also the left-side symbol of the second circle. What I have are upper and lower symbols on the first circle that don't have any common symbols with the upper and lower symbols on the second circle so... Working out how to achieve the goal may be difficult but I'm not there yet. I have looked at this for hours and I have yet to discover what I am supposed to achieve.

Advertising this game as "story rich" is a deception. It's a "puzzle game" and I really hate puzzles and all I want is to move on with the story.

Quote Originally Posted by djwolf View Post
    I still don't understand the goal here. "The symbols above and below the circle - you want to get those on the left and right parts of the circle." When you say "above and below" are you referring to those immediately above and below or the two top-most and bottom-most symbols? This makes no sense. Lets take the first circle. Whatever I match the right side symbol to (irrelevant at this point) that right-side symbol of the first circle is also the left-side symbol of the second circle. What I have are upper and lower symbols on the first circle that don't have any common symbols with the upper and lower symbols on the second circle so... Working out how to achieve the goal may be difficult but I'm not there yet. I have looked at this for hours and I have yet to discover what I am supposed to achieve.

Advertising this game as "story rich" is a deception. It's a "puzzle game" and I really hate puzzles and all I want is to move on with the story.
    Incidentally, I just finished replaying Dreamfall a few hours ago. Everything is fresh in memory if I can be of any assistance.