Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: A game LIKE TLJ and Dreamfall?

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FohxMe View Post
    Yea, I personally would have liked some more tragedy(I tend to go for the darker side of fiction) rather than that whole romantic approach. The magic-trick system is honestly what grabbed my attention. I don't think anything has ever been done like that before, it was really brilliant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzo View Post
    Yes, Grey Matter was definitely a good game, although I found the ending a bit weak. I also loved the style of the cutscenes. Very refreshing and they fit well to the game.
    Grey matter was a LOT better then I expected it to be. I do agree that the ending was a bit weak though...
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffis View Post
    As long as it's necroposted...

For those that don't know; Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars has been released in the Director's Cut for PC!
    I've just gotten it off Steam, and I'm reliving some fairly intense moments. Damn, this game is good.
    The iPhone version of this is fantastic, too!!

I was REALLY getting into the Chronicles of Mystery series untill the 2nd game turned out to be buggy. I just decided I will watch a playthrough of the 2nd one and play the 3rd and the 4th if the story of the 2nd turns out to be good enough. I do REALLY like the games though. It's pre-rendered backgrounds point & click with nice voiceactors. And it is possible to play the 2nd game without any bugs, but once you get a bug you are basicly DOOMED. :l
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

Just finished watching a playtrough of the second game. The ending leaves me hanging (again), but it's a great game. I will buy the 3rd and the 4th and continue the story.
    Last edited by WorldsReunited; 07-27-2012 at 10:23 PM.

Secret Files 3

Is anyone playing Secret Files 2 or 3? What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by lmiller View Post
    Is anyone playing Secret Files 2 or 3? What do you think?
    I have played Secret Files 2, but to be honest it was not nearly as good as the first game (which in my opinion was good, but had a poor ending). Haven't played the third one, though.
    'Demons run when a good man goes to war.' - River Song (Doctor Who)

has anyone know what is happen with the secret world? I had a 30 day pass from buying the game, but have not gone back to it yet. I really should visit the forums, I have not looked there yet.

Quote Originally Posted by WTO_FED View Post
    has anyone know what is happen with the secret world? I had a 30 day pass from buying the game, but have not gone back to it yet. I really should visit the forums, I have not looked there yet.
    This happened:
    - Carter Unleashed: Six new missions, a marketplace, new nightmare mode dungeons and bug fixes.
    - Digging Deeper: Four new missions, rocket launcher auxiliary weapon, auxiliary wheel, hotbar spot for auxiliary weapons, barber shop, plastic surgeon, lair update including eight new lair missions, new nightmare mode dungeons and bug fixes.
    - The Cat God: Two new missions, new Halloween holiday event including: 3 missions, 1 dungeon, 3 pets, new clothing and trick and treat rewards; eight new Lair missions and bug fixes.

And this is coming soon(tm):
    Big Trouble in the Big Apple: New York city raid, RP Theater, Chainsaw auxiliary weapon, reticule combat and bug fixes.

It's 2013. Are there any new similar games?

Dreamworld Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Majestic View Post
    It's 2013. Are there any new similar games?
    Nope. There are sadly only cheap imitations. There aren't really any games as atmospheric as either one. All we can do now is wait for Chapters release. A little over a year now till release :P
    "I'm leaving soon, but I'm not afraid. If death is the end, I know that our dreams remain behind." -ZoŽ Castillo
    --

I always compared TLJ with tomb raider for some reason.
    :OutATime:

Quote Originally Posted by WTO_FED View Post
    I always compared TLJ with tomb raider for some reason.
    ZoŽ looks like Lara Croft... :-)
    " They say that every story has a beginning and an end, but sometimes the two are one at the same time "

- Zoe Castillo

" Players do not play a game because the star is the 'wrong' gender. I don't believe that for a second "

- Ragnar TÝrnquist

Flight of the Amazon Queen, an Indiana Jones-esque graphic adventure from 1995, is also still fun to play.

Flight of the Amazon Queen, an Indiana Jones-esque graphic adventure from 1995, is also still fun to play.
    Patience brings power