Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Extracting pak files?

Quote Originally Posted by Montreaux
    2. Any progress on 669 files?
    Those are missdetection as mentioned earlier, just ignore them or unmark the detection of that format in the HyperRipper. Only usefull dataformats in the paks are wav, mp3 and the textures in dds format, the rest seems custom stuff.

Goody for all

If anyone wants, here's a copy of the ringtone, all ready for your phone ^_^.
    Just point your phone's browser to http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/jump.php and use jump code 1071487 .

It's in QCP format.

what is the best program to convert wav to mp3? i used some and uploaded melody to the phone, however when it plays it for some reason it doesn't play last few seconds, even though it plays whole melody on my pc

Quote Originally Posted by Zoë_Castillo
    what is the best program to convert wav to mp3? i used some and uploaded melody to the phone, however when it plays it for some reason it doesn't play last few seconds, even though it plays whole melody on my pc
    For windows based pc's i suggest CDex. Beyond being a nice little program for such things, it's freeware - always a plus. It can be found on download.com.

Talking

thanks so much, I've done it, yay it's so cool to have ringtone from the game, wish it was longer
    I used Acoustica MP3 To Wave Converter

And another little tool to toy around with Dreamfall:

http://clanlib.org/~grumbel/dreamfall-savegame2tga.exe

dreamfall-savegame2tga.exe will extract the screenshots that are stored in a savegame and write them out into the directory where dreamfall-savegame2tga.exe is located, might be usefull if somebody wants to build a webpage with a collection of savegames or something like that.

ZoŽ's ringtone - mp3 and mp4 format.

Here are correctly looping mp3 and mp4 versions that should work on most mobiles. http://www.geocities.com/brycecrazy/zoe_ringtone.zip

Quote Originally Posted by kevinn
    when zoŽ returns to casablanca from russia, can anyone upload this song? or tell me what file in what pak it is? big thanks

I think the one you're talking about is after she returns to Casablanca, correct? A mellow piano ballad with a female vocalist? If so it's in the la_place_de_sucre.pak file.
    "Like a douche for the soul" - Crow

All this seems a bit compliated for a relative computer novice like me, but since I really, really, want the music from Dreamfall, I'm giving it a shot. How wrong can it go, anyway?
    And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Liave Ekeli
    All this seems a bit compliated for a relative computer novice like me, but since I really, really, want the music from Dreamfall, I'm giving it a shot. How wrong can it go, anyway?
    nothing to worry about really. all the extractor does is create new directory on your hard drive and write files to it. locating what you want among those files is the biggest problem i can see.

EDIT: oh, and i used extractor mentioned in this thread, it might be easier to use for you.
    Last edited by LLlaxmep; 05-13-2006 at 04:33 PM.

I use Dragon UnPacker, and that has worked just fine for me so far... I'm getting Dreamfall music :-D
    And you, my father, there on the sad height,
    Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

SUBTITLES For everybody

Is there a chance to change the subtitles. It wold be great if the developers would make an exe to let us translate the subtiles, so our children who don't know english or any other language than their native one yet, to play the game. It's a great game and everybody should play it. And for that they have to understand it. The voices shoul remain original, bud subtitles can change.

Quote Originally Posted by nostriel
    Is there a chance to change the subtitles. It wold be great if the developers would make an exe to let us translate the subtiles, so our children who don't know english or any other language than their native one yet, to play the game.
    Yes, there is a very good chance to change the subtitles, havn't yet fully figured how everything works, however you can get the dialog out of dreamfall by first extracting bin/res/init.pak with the dreamfall-extractor.exe and then extracting dreamfall-extractor/init/dat/0212.dat with dreamfall-dialog.exe, this will give you a file dreamfall-dialog.po which you can then use for translation (standard .po file format as used by gettext). I however havn't yet written a tool to translate that file back to something Dreamfall can understand.

new dreamfall extractor

hi everyone,

I wrote another pak-extractor based on the code of grumbels first extractor.
    it also extracts the directory structure of the pak-file which means real filenames

due to the unfriendly structure of the pak files it currently gets the full pathname of of only ~60% of the files - but I think the music&sound effects
    are all there

if you want to give it a try, it'll mail you the .exe or the code,
    (i don't have any webspace around) -> vertigo80 (at) gmx.net

Quote Originally Posted by pinkunozou
    if you want to give it a try, it'll mail you the .exe or the code,
    (i don't have any webspace around) -> vertigo80 (at) gmx.net
    on a second though, to make things easier I got some free webspace
    http://www.niklasjung.ch/webhost/pinkunozou/dreamex.zip

includes a readme which tells you how to use it