Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Extracting pak files?

Many thanks for the ringtone. That's going on my phone right now.

What's the name of the really depressing "zoe coma song" at the end? Can it be purchased/downloaded? Would it be on the magnet CD that comes with the limited edition? If you're looking through the pak files, where is it at?

Sorry for all the questions.

Yup, seems to be a little bug with the extraction tool, the ringtone is missing 4 bytes - append DF 01 07 01 to the end of the file and it'll sound better

the coma music is in winter past its gotten me all sad now

Quote Originally Posted by Scale
    the coma music is in winter past its gotten me all sad now
    Thank you. This song is so depressing.

I love it.

Aww, I'm not sure how to convert the file to wave or even mp3 for normal listening. any help? You guys have been wonderful so far.
    Last edited by Numinous; 04-27-2006 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Numinous
    Thank you. This song is so depressing.
    I love it too. Can anyone post that one? I'm having major troubles with the Dragon software. On some of the pak files, it works just fune. On others, I keep getting .dll errors, and the program crashes. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling (even did a registry sweep inbetween), but it still doesn't want to work. I know I'll get the Magnet songs when I get the LE, but I'm not sure if that's one of them (after all, it is a girl singing). So if anyone's got it, it would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I'm the Windbringer; I'm the Waterstiller; I'm April Bandu-Embata of the Banda and a Venar Kan-ang-la. I'm a shifter. I will someday become the 13th Guardian, the protector of the Balance. And I'm April Ryan. This is who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Siram
    Yup, seems to be a little bug with the extraction tool, the ringtone is missing 4 bytes - append DF 01 07 01 to the end of the file and it'll sound better
    How can you tell? Mine seems to be fine.

Oh, I get it now.

In Dragon unpacker 5 you have to use the hyperRipper plugin, then go to the winter_past.hrf and search for mpeg audio formats. Then it's the 0000000026 file. extract that and put .mp3 onto the end of it when you save it.

I didn't think to extract it as a .mp3 but then I did and now it works!

Quote Originally Posted by April Alvane
    I love it too. Can anyone post that one? I'm having major troubles with the Dragon software. On some of the pak files, it works just fune. On others, I keep getting .dll errors, and the program crashes. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling (even did a registry sweep inbetween), but it still doesn't want to work. I know I'll get the Magnet songs when I get the LE, but I'm not sure if that's one of them (after all, it is a girl singing). So if anyone's got it, it would be so greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    I've got it it, i've got no webspace to put it on though. PM me if you want me to email it or something.

How can you tell? Mine seems to be fine.
    The 80.014 bytes version sounds correct, while the 80.010 version misses the last looping sequence of the ringtone for me

How do I go about adding those four bytes to hear the difference?

I used a hex editor, but I can't really hear a difference. It still not a seamless loop like in the game.

Any1 found wonkers voice files? ^^
    I want a wattila
    The_winter.pak has a .mov (i think the one after the credits but i cant open it 2 gig in size which prolly is incorrect but thats what u get for hyperrippin :P)

Any1 managed to play .669 files with something??

No need to unpack the coma-song as it was made available online even before the game was released and is called Music from Stark. There also is other music tracks and voices available at www.drommefall.net.

Well, that's no fun.

(I mean, thank you!)