Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Extracting pak files?

Extracting pak files?

Anybody know how to do this? I assume this is where the sound files are stored, and I want ZoŽ's ringtone.

i tried but all my attempts were unsucesfull

I've had moderate success with Dragon UnPACKer 5 and it's hyperripper function. I managed to extract the voice files from the various vox files. You might find what you want using this method.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Drew
    I've had moderate success with Dragon UnPACKer 5 and it's hyperripper function.
    I gave that a shot, but UnPACKer didn't want to recognize any of the files! Which ones sepcifically did you have your success with (and how exactly did you extract/open them)?
    I'm the Windbringer; I'm the Waterstiller; I'm April Bandu-Embata of the Banda and a Venar Kan-ang-la. I'm a shifter. I will someday become the 13th Guardian, the protector of the Balance. And I'm April Ryan. This is who I am.

I'm just trying that Dragon thing now, nothing else has worked yet. I want to find the music files.

I gave that a shot, but UnPACKer didn't want to recognize any of the files! Which ones sepcifically did you have your success with (and how exactly did you extract/open them)?
    Don't try and open the files (it won't work), instead click File>HyperRipper. Then go to the Formats tab, select the ones you want to search for, go to the Search tab, select the pak file you want to look in as the source, then click the search button, and it should find some stuff.

Thanks, Ark... I'll give it a try. Let me know how your attempts turn out too!
    I'm the Windbringer; I'm the Waterstiller; I'm April Bandu-Embata of the Banda and a Venar Kan-ang-la. I'm a shifter. I will someday become the 13th Guardian, the protector of the Balance. And I'm April Ryan. This is who I am.

Sure. And no problem

I want to get the music tracks too so...
    I'll give it a try

When someone gets a hold of the ringtone file, could you post it here?

I'm trying to extract audio too, and I'm getting a lot of file extensions I don't recognize. (.it [Impulse Tracker] and .669, for example) The only ones I can seem to extract and play with any success are the ones in the "vox" paks-- the dialogue-- they all come out as MP3s. Anyone have any better luck?

Well, i've found the ringtone file (it's a ~2sec wav in alley.pak that they obviously loop ingame), and that "Be With You" song by Magnet (an mp3 in hydrofoil.pak). Found some orchestral music too. Still looking for stuff though, cos it's all spread around between the 78 different pak files >_<

I got all the songs and the ringtone. They are spread across La place du sucre, Scramjet, Hydrofoil. The lyrical songs that is and Nothing Hurts now can be found on internet cause it a real Magnet song. The ringtone can be found as a .wav in all the places that the ringtone plays in the game, can't remember, I got in in La place du sucre though.

I got it, thanks Andy the Drew, for suggesting that program.

Here's the ringtone for those who want it.

Thanks guys. I was wondering how to do this as well.

I noticed that the ringtone wav from alley.pak doesn't loop properly, the end seems to be missing. Anybody know where I can get a different version? I couldn't find it in la place du sucre.