Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Results 181 to 188 of 188

Thread: Extracting pak files?

  1. #181
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    The Dreamfall extractor won't work for me. When I insert a file and press enter, it simply close down and nothing happens. Why?

  2. #182
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Kråkan View Post
    The Dreamfall extractor won't work for me. When I insert a file and press enter, it simply close down and nothing happens. Why?
    I believe the Dreamfall extractor has a problem with one of the .pak files that are only included in localised versions of the game.
    So try moving the bin/res/resource.pak to some other directory, insert the file, and move it back in.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  3. #183
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    I believe the Dreamfall extractor has a problem with one of the .pak files that are only included in localised versions of the game.
    So try moving the bin/res/resource.pak to some other directory, insert the file, and move it back in.
    Nope, it doesn't work.

    My mission is to translate the dialogs in the game to my language. Would it be possible to edit directly in the init.pak file? Would that work?

  4. #184
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Kråkan View Post
    Would it be possible to edit directly in the init.pak file? Would that work?
    Appearently not. I tried it, and it didn't work. Fortunately, I had saved a copy of the file.

    So, can anyone tell me how to do?

  5. #185
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Kråkan View Post
    Appearently not. I tried it, and it didn't work. Fortunately, I had saved a copy of the file.

    So, can anyone tell me how to do?
    Have you tried DFToolbox?
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  6. #186
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by KHH View Post
    Have you tried DFToolbox?
    I doesn't extract the dialog.

  7. #187
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22
    Hey, is there a way to extract dialogue (text, not audio) from the game and get one huge .txt file with ALL the dialogue?

    Why I'm asking: I have the game in german and I want to learn german and I need all the subtitles in one file, I will run it through analyzer program to determine which words are used most often and therefore have to be learned first etc.

    Is there a way? I know english subtitles have been extracted and are available somewhere.
    EDIT: here's english subtitles https://www15.atwiki.jp/tljtrans/pages/202.html
    If it's possible with english it should be doable with any other language right? I really need those german subs in one place, one text file.

  8. #188
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    22
    Alright, I accomplished this.
    Turns out germans subtitles were in Data/Generated/Config/Universe/localization.dat
    I extracted them with DFToolbox
    Then I ran the file through online text analyzer Voyant Tools.
    And got the frequencies of words.
    Now I can learn german all day long!
    Thanks everyone for help.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •