Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Extracting pak files?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Extracting pak files?

Anybody know how to do this? I assume this is where the sound files are stored, and I want ZoŽ's ringtone.

i tried but all my attempts were unsucesfull

I've had moderate success with Dragon UnPACKer 5 and it's hyperripper function. I managed to extract the voice files from the various vox files. You might find what you want using this method.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy the Drew
    I've had moderate success with Dragon UnPACKer 5 and it's hyperripper function.
    I gave that a shot, but UnPACKer didn't want to recognize any of the files! Which ones sepcifically did you have your success with (and how exactly did you extract/open them)?
    I'm the Windbringer; I'm the Waterstiller; I'm April Bandu-Embata of the Banda and a Venar Kan-ang-la. I'm a shifter. I will someday become the 13th Guardian, the protector of the Balance. And I'm April Ryan. This is who I am.

I'm just trying that Dragon thing now, nothing else has worked yet. I want to find the music files.

I gave that a shot, but UnPACKer didn't want to recognize any of the files! Which ones sepcifically did you have your success with (and how exactly did you extract/open them)?
    Don't try and open the files (it won't work), instead click File>HyperRipper. Then go to the Formats tab, select the ones you want to search for, go to the Search tab, select the pak file you want to look in as the source, then click the search button, and it should find some stuff.

Thanks, Ark... I'll give it a try. Let me know how your attempts turn out too!
    I'm the Windbringer; I'm the Waterstiller; I'm April Bandu-Embata of the Banda and a Venar Kan-ang-la. I'm a shifter. I will someday become the 13th Guardian, the protector of the Balance. And I'm April Ryan. This is who I am.

Sure. And no problem

I want to get the music tracks too so...
    I'll give it a try

When someone gets a hold of the ringtone file, could you post it here?

return to casablanca

when zoë returns to casablanca from russia, can anyone upload this song? or tell me what file in what pak it is? big thanks

1. Can any1 tell me, why I am having a problem with Zoe's ringtone in my Nokia 3100? My cell is tellin me that format of file is unknown... I've also converted wav file into mp3, but nothing... Maybe convert it into a mid file?

2. Any progress on 669 files?

Try converting it into a .mp3 with constant bitrate (128 should work)

Quote Originally Posted by Montreaux
    2. Any progress on 669 files?
    Those are missdetection as mentioned earlier, just ignore them or unmark the detection of that format in the HyperRipper. Only usefull dataformats in the paks are wav, mp3 and the textures in dds format, the rest seems custom stuff.

Goody for all

If anyone wants, here's a copy of the ringtone, all ready for your phone ^_^.
    Just point your phone's browser to http://rumkin.com/tools/sprint/jump.php and use jump code 1071487 .

It's in QCP format.

what is the best program to convert wav to mp3? i used some and uploaded melody to the phone, however when it plays it for some reason it doesn't play last few seconds, even though it plays whole melody on my pc