Thread: Chapter 4: Can't find symbols

Chapter 4: Can't find symbols

I'm not exactly sure if t's a grafical glitch or I'm just doing something wrong, but I can't find the the symblos in the cave to finish the musical puzzle. If someone can post a screenie with their location it would be great.

P.S. Finding the remains of Trash King in the Vienece store filled my heart with warmth

Seems pretty dark in the cave without any light. very difficult to see if there are any symbols on the wall. Can you think of a way to get a magical glowing thing back in your posession?

Got it. thanks

Red face How to fininsh the melody

I need some help on finishing the melody part at the end of the cave, what do i do at the 3 symbols?

I couldn't figure it out either without hints from here. I guess you needed to pay attention to the sound/music the troll things were making when you first got to the water wheel scene. (which I didn't). you have to play the tun they sing for the next scene to happen. If you give up trying to figure it out, ill post the combination.

People seem to miss that the sequence plays from the machine when you start the waterwheel. That's what I noticed.

Hehe so i did and i killed both trolls :P

I brute forced the code simply got a piece of paper and started to write all possible combinations using 1 number twice i got it pretty quick

i marked the simbols from left to right with 0,1 and 2. and had the idea to try all 4 letter numbers that:
    - no consecutive numbers were equal (since the same sound played twice in a row sounds awfull)
    -uses 0, 1 and 2 (all 3 of them) since there fould be so un-game-like to use just 2.

that makes for just 6 numbers starting with 0, and another 12 obtained by adding 1 to each letter (3=0) and I was going to try them all but after all thet math, it turned out that the solution was actually the first number on the list
    (smallest 4 digit number using 0,1 and 2, that doesn't have 2 consecutive digits the same; numbers can start with 0, btw )

You play:

LEFT, MIDDLE, LEFT, RIGHT

the music plays the combination notes with the starting of the waterwheel. I missed it at first. it wasn't hard to find out. Lol
    :OutATime: