Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Review Scores Roundup

Review Scores Roundup

Gamespy
    5/5 'Outstanding' - 'Dreamfall is an amazing journey that propels players into a world where science, magic, art, and music combine to make a whole much greater than the sum of its parts.' {link}

Gamespot
    8.1/10 - 'An incredibly provocative sci-fi story filled with many memorable characters; beautiful presentation, featuring fantastic voice acting and musical score; dialogue prompts you to make some tough, interesting decisions.' {link}

Xboxaddict.com
    Speaks very highly of Dreamfall with an overall score of 96% {link}

'This one is sure to garner just as many awards as its predecessor, and should become a staple in any gamers library. If any of you out there have a friend or acquaintance who just can’t understand why WE play video games…sit their !&%$@#* down in front of Dreamfall, and let the conversion begin!!!!'

Official XBox Magazine (France)
    Dreamfall is also the highest scoring game and cover feature in this months French official XBox magazine with an overall score of 16/20 (80%)

IGN PC

Awards the game 7.4/10 with special mention for the games storyline and character development. {link}

Links please

Edit: Ah, there I see the first one.
    Last edited by Bjørn Erik; 04-18-2006 at 08:26 PM.

Just FYIing, Gamespot's review is up

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/adventure...ml?sid=6147844

So is Gamespy's ....5 out of 5 stars...Perfect score:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/dreamfall/702029p1.html

I heard that the gamespy review contained some spoilers WHen u guys submit reviews can you let us know if they include spoilers or not?

Thanks!

Wow, I'm astonished. I hate IGN. They scared me.

Quote Originally Posted by evilkat
    I heard that the gamespy review contained some spoilers WHen u guys submit reviews can you let us know if they include spoilers or not?

Thanks!
    Sorry for double post, but yes, Gamespy contains some spoilers. In the form of screenshots, anyways.

Dreamworld Member
    Remember kids, it only matters what YOU think of the game

If we compare it with another similar adventure games, such as 'Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon', it's doing well so far. Dreamfall got higher ratings than it on Gamespy and Gamespot, and BS3 is a great game in my opinion. IT's a shame I got to wait another month until the UK release...
    <<< CrazySonicFan >>>

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySonicFan
    If we compare it with another similar adventure games, such as 'Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon', it's doing well so far. Dreamfall got higher ratings than it on Gamespy and Gamespot, and BS3 is a great game in my opinion. IT's a shame I got to wait another month until the UK release...
    Well, like I said in another thread....with the Gamespot review, its not necessarily that it got an 8.1....but the fact that it got an 8.1 from Greg K of all people.....Gamespot's harshest reviewer and probably the harshest reviewer out of any gaming site....an 8.1 from him is like a 90% and over from most other sites. The fact that he literally praised the storyline even saying it was the best out of any game in years makes this a must buy for any adventure fan.

I', liking the official reviews so far, but what I'd like to see is some player reviews.
    Seriously.

IGN review score for the XBox version is 7.5 btw (PC version is still 7.4, even if the review is the same).

Now Sil, if you read this, could please enlighten us about copies sold on Funcom shop (preorder) and the copy-protection used?
    Last edited by Kismet; 04-19-2006 at 03:22 PM.

Here's its Gametab which averages multiple sites.

I've never seen such a huge gap in ratings from major review sites....

http://www.gametab.com/pc/dreamfall.....journey/2662/

Quote Originally Posted by okinon
    Well, like I said in another thread....with the Gamespot review, its not necessarily that it got an 8.1....but the fact that it got an 8.1 from Greg K of all people...
    I read the Gamespot review and was very satisfied with it, since it praises the game so much, that it only mentions a lack of gameplay hours. AND, that the ending leaves you expecting a sequel That sure would be a nice thing...
    ~May the Crow be with you!~

IGN review biased?

I read the IGN review and sort of feared that Funcom had messed up the sequel; I really love the original TLJ, living is truly about the balance between logic and magic, isn't it?

IGN still recommends Dreamfall strongly to adventure fans because of its awesome storyline; they say one of the best currently available on store shelves. They also applaud Dreamfall's character interaction and music. As I understood it, however, the reviewer was disappointed with the combat system, called it a total joke, and said that the stealth system is way to simplistic, but worst of all that the puzzles have been simplified to an extent that leaves no real challenge and that it's almost always clear how to proceed. As an adventure fan I can live with a combat and stealth system that has its shortcomings, but oversimplification on the adventure/exploring part sounds scary.

Haven't had a chance to get my hands on an English copy of Dreamfall yet, so please tell me, did the reviewer at IGN just made things up?
    Last edited by Quantomas; 04-20-2006 at 02:12 PM.