Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Stuck after loading a save?

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by nakano View Post
    I also have problem with loading a saved game like previous poster. I saved a game in Arcadia (where the fisherman with a chest is), but when I load the game the mouse is "broken". Can't have April to move around, save a game etc. Though loading a game and reading the diary works. This happened in other locations of Arcadia as well. Before Arcadia I had no problems, but now I can't continue playing if no one makes a new patch (I am using 161 patch and have the DVD-version). Wouldn't it be a time to solve the issue?

    Edit: "Though starting a new game and wait that April can move and then load a saved game"-trick does luckily work like mentioned.
    I too am also having this issue after loading a saved game. During the 2nd chapter right after April enters into the portal to the dream world which Cortez opens for her, a priest takes April into the town area and tells her to walk and around and talk to people. However, I can't seem to do this because the mouse was stuck in that clear colour that usully comes up during a cutscene of some sort. But there was no cut scene at all, I'd hold down ESC to see if I could skip something but I couldn't. From this point I couldn't control my character. I couldn't access my inventory or anything like that. All I could do was load games, read diary or quit.

    I tried using the 161 patch for the DVD version of the game I've got but it's not working. I can't seem to progress any further in the game, it's terrible. Could this problem of a broken mouse have something to do with my running the game on vista?

    thanks

    Oh by the way, this whole starting a new game and then loading a previously saved game doesn't seem to work for me. I'm still stuck

  2. #17
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by thehat View Post
    Oh by the way, this whole starting a new game and then loading a previously saved game doesn't seem to work for me. I'm still stuck
    It seems you're having a different kind of problem. The problem outlined in this thread is that the character refuced to move, not that the mouse gets stuck and prohibits you from moving it.
    I can't think of any advice atm, but I'm sure a more tech-savvy guy'll come along soon.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  3. #18
    Dreamworld Member Lee-m's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    England
    Posts
    721
    Your description of the exact problem your having, isnt very clear.
    Edit the config file, and run the game in a window. That may solve any interface problems, and let you progress.

  4. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2

    Solution to the broken mouse.

    Quote Originally Posted by thehat View Post
    I too am also having this issue after loading a saved game. During the 2nd chapter right after April enters into the portal to the dream world which Cortez opens for her, a priest takes April into the town area and tells her to walk and around and talk to people. However, I can't seem to do this because the mouse was stuck in that clear colour that usully comes up during a cutscene of some sort. But there was no cut scene at all, I'd hold down ESC to see if I could skip something but I couldn't. From this point I couldn't control my character. I couldn't access my inventory or anything like that. All I could do was load games, read diary or quit.

    I tried using the 161 patch for the DVD version of the game I've got but it's not working. I can't seem to progress any further in the game, it's terrible. Could this problem of a broken mouse have something to do with my running the game on vista?

    thanks

    Oh by the way, this whole starting a new game and then loading a previously saved game doesn't seem to work for me. I'm still stuck
    This may come a little late, but I have investigated this issue a little. No, it's not a issue of Vista. I am playing the game on XP. After a year of break, I have decided to continue the game. The problem seems to be in the cut-scenes.

    Solution to the problem is to install the game fully, movies included. Then goto the directory global -> xarc and remove all the bbb-files. Those are the movie files. It probably would be enough to remove the first of three movies, but I am not sure which files those are. Then use the trick to start a new game, watch the story until April can move and then load the previously saved game.

    After this the cut-scenes, unfortunately won't play. Though you could try launching your saved game first (hopely you still have it) and then press alt+tab and restore the bbb-files temporary.

    EDIT: The file which may cause the 'broken mouse' seems to be 1002.bbb. It's the movie file for the second animation after starting the game. Just remove that file, so that the other game animations will work. But you always have to use restart the game trick. Hope this works, if someone still faces this problem.
    Last edited by nakano; 07-14-2009 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Found the file which may cause 'broken mouse'

  5. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4
    Been a few years and decided to have a run through TLJ and Dreamfall again, such wonderful games!

    Just started TLJ but seem to have an issue after first arriving in Arcadia and going out to explore the city. I have finished all conversations but when I talk to the map merchant I get no option to ask about "the rolling man" to trigger the earrand boy getting fired and asking to get a job myself.

    So I'm stuck and can't do anything. I don't have any older savegames to go back to or I would (kept overwriting same slot).

    Anyone have a clue?

  6. #21
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    I'm almost 100 percent sure you've just forgotten to ask Tobias the second time.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  7. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4
    I'm an idiot, and you're right.

    I had already done all convo with Tobias once, but it seems if you ask the map merchant about "Brian Westhouse" instead of "the rolling man" it fails and you can't progress. You have to talk to Tobias again to reset things and then the option to ask map merchant about "the rolling man" appears again, so this is what happened.

    Anyways thanks, this game is just as tricky as I remember it.

  8. #23
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoylander View Post
    I'm an idiot, and you're right.

    I had already done all convo with Tobias once, but it seems if you ask the map merchant about "Brian Westhouse" instead of "the rolling man" it fails and you can't progress. You have to talk to Tobias again to reset things and then the option to ask map merchant about "the rolling man" appears again, so this is what happened.

    Anyways thanks, this game is just as tricky as I remember it.
    That's OK. I've done the exact same thing :P
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  9. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1
    Can anyone plz give me save file where you get fake ID from Burns Flipper my save got corrupted and I would be very thankful! sorry if this is in wrong thread but didn't find any better place for this

  10. #25
    Remember KHH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,932
    The save games only work if they've been made by a game with the same language and version (4CD/4CD patched/2CD/DVD).
    However, if you have a fairly recent save it might be easier just playing through again from that.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

  11. #26
    Sierra's Sancuary
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    With All The Beautiful People
    Posts
    627

    Exclamation

    Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    In version 153, I made a stupid mistake and introduced a bug in the game that can cause doors that were open when you save to be closed again when you load (and not just doors, lockers and certain fixtures, too).

    This is fixed in version 156, which is now available from our site at http://www.longestjourney.com/help/patches/
    Can I be the first to report a broken link and not just that the whole game seems to be broken too if you're not a programmer mind you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •