Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stuck after loading a save?

Stuck after loading a save?

In version 153, I made a stupid mistake and introduced a bug in the game that can cause doors that were open when you save to be closed again when you load (and not just doors, lockers and certain fixtures, too).

This is fixed in version 156, which is now available from our site at http://www.longestjourney.com/help/patches/

Hey. I got a norwegian game, version 154, and now I've gotten stuck in the castle with something that seems like an example of this bug, except that the door is open but the pointer won't turn red. I've looked at downloading this fix, but then I saw there were special downloads for the Norwegian version. Then, to my endless horror, I saw that such a download required that I make a new game. Is there any hope?

I am not sure I understand what your concern is. But: All downloads for the newer versions of TLJ work for all languages - there are no special norwegian downloads. And you don't have to start a new game either, if there's not something already broken in the savegame data (in whcih case you should pick up from a save that's a little earlier in the game than your last one and try if that helps).

You should definitely upgrade to version 156. If that's no help, contact me again.

hi enno,

me and my girlfriend enjoy tlj very much but now we have a big problem in chapter 11. We have recieved the disc with the 4 dragon stones and have to return to flipper burns.
    There we cannot get into the garage. the door is closed. in fact we can walk through the closed door but there is no red pointer to click at.

We have the german dvd version and already installed the patch 1.56.

Eigentlich sollte auch bei der deutschen DVD das Problem mit den Türen durch die Version 156 repariert sein.

Ich bin im Moment ziemlich mit zwei anderen Projekten ausgelastet, aber würde mir das gerne gelegentlich anschauen. Könnt ihr mir mal das letzte Savegame schicken, das noch vor dem Problem ist? Und probieren, mit einem, das noch vorher ist, zur selben Stelle vorzuspielen, ob das Problem wieder das gleiche ist.

Email schicke ich per PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling
    Eigentlich sollte auch bei der deutschen DVD das Problem mit den Türen durch die Version 156 repariert sein.

Ich bin im Moment ziemlich mit zwei anderen Projekten ausgelastet, aber würde mir das gerne gelegentlich anschauen. Könnt ihr mir mal das letzte Savegame schicken, das noch vor dem Problem ist? Und probieren, mit einem, das noch vorher ist, zur selben Stelle vorzuspielen, ob das Problem wieder das gleiche ist.

Email schicke ich per PM!
    Vielen dank,
    also wir haben nun einen alten Spielstand geladen, bei dem wir noch bei Flipper Burns drin waren. Mussten zwar einen längeren Abschnitt nochmal spielen, jedoch konnten wir es so durchspielen. Ich schick Dir aber mal das entsprechende Savegame.
    Alga

I'm not that good in german, but it seems like they had a similar problem that I do. I'm trying to get back to Flipper Burns after I've fetched the thing he needs, but I can't knock on the door, and saying "Hello" down the pipe won't help. I don't think it's anything I've forgotten, but I'm starting to think I've done things in the wrong order, but that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a norwegian DVD-version. Not quite sure what version it is, but it has "PC Best Buy" on the front.

EDIT2: I installed tlj-patch-156.exe but it still wouldn't work. Luckily I got a save that runs back to just before I'm handing over the info-cube to Flipper, and I found out I can skip text by pressing ESC, so it went rather fast. Now I'm in 4th chapter! *giggles
    Last edited by Halvliter; 04-17-2006 at 05:21 PM.

Still having load problom.

Hi I just bought TLJ and it seems whenever I come back from a save the cursor does not activate anything onscreen. I did realize that when I start a new game and then reload my save it works again, perhaps its not loading a certain part of the game that activates the mouse but thats just a theory. I have installed the newest patch with is the 157 but still no prevail, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I really dont want to watch the opening intro lots of times lol Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Halvliter View Post
    I'm not that good in german, but it seems like they had a similar problem that I do. I'm trying to get back to Flipper Burns after I've fetched the thing he needs, but I can't knock on the door, and saying "Hello" down the pipe won't help. I don't think it's anything I've forgotten, but I'm starting to think I've done things in the wrong order, but that shouldn't be a problem, should it?

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I have a norwegian DVD-version. Not quite sure what version it is, but it has "PC Best Buy" on the front.

EDIT2: I installed tlj-patch-156.exe but it still wouldn't work. Luckily I got a save that runs back to just before I'm handing over the info-cube to Flipper, and I found out I can skip text by pressing ESC, so it went rather fast. Now I'm in 4th chapter! *giggles
    i have exactly the same problem, im stuck outside the warehouse. i have downloaded the 157 patch but doesnt help. dont have any other saves, could someone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Azrael View Post
    Hi I just bought TLJ and it seems whenever I come back from a save the cursor does not activate anything onscreen. I did realize that when I start a new game and then reload my save it works again, perhaps its not loading a certain part of the game that activates the mouse but thats just a theory. I have installed the newest patch with is the 157 but still no prevail, anyone have any suggestions on what I can do? I really dont want to watch the opening intro lots of times lol Thanks!!!
    Having the same problem, with version 160 on Windows XP. To load a game I have to start a new game, wait until the cursor becomes active (which is to say after the conversation thing), then go to load game. Entirely livable but still pretty annoying, and I wouldn't have realized I could do that without reading this post.

Hi,
    problem is still there after patch 161 installation (Windows XP+SP2, french version). Of course it works with the "start a new game" trick, but yes, this is pretty annoying (not to say something else).
    Any plan for a patch 162 ? would be more than welcome
    Thanks

Yup, same problem here. Love the game, but that bug is kinda annoying.
    And at the moment, it looks like even the 'New Game' trick can't save me...
    I'm stuck in the Temple, unable to move.

ETA: I just checked, and apparently, I had NO save folder. I just created one to paste a downloadable save in, but alas... Save didn't work.
    After removing the downloaded save, of course all my savegames were gone, including the faulty ones.
    Then again, if I don't have a folder, can I really have a savegame? Illusion, Truth... Man, this game is getting to me.
    But I'll retain the folder and see if anything happens. Please find a fix for this!
    I love the game, but I'd like some assurances that I'll be able to finish it in more than one sitting.
    Thanks in advance.

ETA 2:
    My personal solution: Create the 'Save' folder yourself in the 'Longest Journey' directory, and the save system should work perfectly.
    Don't forget to create the '01' Subfolder. I've had to start the game over, but so far (Chapter 1) I haven't run into any problems.
    I've quit the game and loaded a save from the main menu a number of times, and it works like a charm.

(The folder path: C:\...\The Longest Journey\Save\01)
    Last edited by Release_15; 12-28-2007 at 01:33 PM.

If the save folder is not there, it's lurking somewhere in %appdata% (just paste that, with the %, into the run bux and look for Funcom or TLJ or such)

Also, i've also had the problem with the mouse pointer not responding, but only in the prologue. Game version 1.61. The start a new game trick works though.
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Still Broke

Using latest DVD version and having same issue where starting save game, mouse cursor is stuck in broken mode, and can't click or activate anything.
    F1 works etc... and the start new game work around worsk, but is very annoying.
    This is a game breaking bug. Why isn't this fixed or patched?
    Loading a save game and and can't play?? Little more than a minor issue.
    This needs to be fixed.

Don't save a game while in Arcadia

I also have problem with loading a saved game like previous poster. I saved a game in Arcadia (where the fisherman with a chest is), but when I load the game the mouse is "broken". Can't have April to move around, save a game etc. Though loading a game and reading the diary works. This happened in other locations of Arcadia as well. Before Arcadia I had no problems, but now I can't continue playing if no one makes a new patch (I am using 161 patch and have the DVD-version). Wouldn't it be a time to solve the issue?

Edit: "Though starting a new game and wait that April can move and then load a saved game"-trick does luckily work like mentioned.
    Last edited by nakano; 08-21-2008 at 05:34 PM.