Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Update for Modern PC's.

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Yay! Don't know what I did wrong before, but it worked this time.
    It did glitch the first time I tried downloading it (only half the file arrived). Maybe the same thing happened to you?

That's okay, you don't need to make excuses for my ineptitude. :B I thought I'd reached the page and it was a dead link, but maybe I just didn't wait very long considering the first link was dead. (I'd also just spent the morning on the WayBackMachine, and had gotten far too used to dead links.)

I know this thread is almost a year old but both mirrors are down. Is anyone willing to send me a copy of the patch or point me to where I can download it? Thanks

Re-Request Unofficial Update for Modern PC's

Hi

I was wondering since the mirrors are down if someone could either mirror these files again or perhaps send them to me. I'd really really like to experience the game with AA enabled.

Thanx
    Mike

this is useful ...i help find fixes for a number of older games .and it is always a pleasure to see people working to preserve and share ways to enjoy great titles. I appreciate the posters in this thread and hope that the links can be revived.
    Admin
    3D Worlds and Game Developers Group Linkedin
    http://chris-today.blogspot.com

downloaded from GOG + ATI Radeon HD 3650

will this patch help with my combo?

The game worked fine with the ATI CCC 3D defaults.

Then I tried to enhance the AA and AS, and the mouse would leave smudges on some screens.
    The first place to notice problems is trying to load a saved game... the individual saved game frames will jiggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouser10 View Post
    will this patch help with my combo?

The game worked fine with the ATI CCC 3D defaults.

Then I tried to enhance the AA and AS, and the mouse would leave smudges on some screens.
    The first place to notice problems is trying to load a saved game... the individual saved game frames will jiggle.
    I'm sorry it's been such a long time since I've replied to this thread. Unfortunately I can offer no support on this patch. It was made back in 2005, which is a long time ago. You may inspect the files as to ascertain the changes I made to make it support AA. I also believe there is a newer official patch which you may try. It seems that the mirror is up again since another company graciously offered to take over hosting duties of Lycos.
    If the Lycos mirror goes down I will upload it somewhere else, but it seems to be working fine ATM: http://members.lycos.nl/tempest/index.html or http://members.multimania.nl/tempest/index.html

The e-mail address in the archive no longer works, since that host was taken over by XS4ALL some years ago.
    Last edited by xavdeman; 12-16-2011 at 11:03 PM. Reason: typo
    Download The Longest Journey Update for modern PC's (unoffical) at:
    http://forums.longestjourney.com/sho...&threadid=1619

Hi, I wanted to add AA in TLJ, I ​​installed the patch and set the antialiasing Nvidia control panel but when I turn on the TLJ. Characters and objects are flashing.
    There is a some solution?

Quote Originally Posted by HESEE View Post
    Hi, I wanted to add AA in TLJ, I ​​installed the patch and set the antialiasing Nvidia control panel but when I turn on the TLJ. Characters and objects are flashing.
    There is a some solution?
    Turn off antialiasing, it is probably the cause of the flashing. Antialiasing doesn't work with TLJ.

Too bad, I thought that there is a solution.
    Install this patch to have AA.
    (Sorry for my English.)
    Last edited by HESEE; 04-22-2012 at 11:53 AM.

sorry for reviving the thread, but this is the best lead i have so far for the AA causing flickering problem

I tried applying the patch files, but then i can't start the game, i get the error msg in the attached pic.

im running Win7 32bit, ATI Radeon 4870HD
    im running the GOG version
    any solutions?

http://postimage.org/image/hkufmv0nd/

EDIT- i noticed the patch file of the .dll has a version number of 1.0.0.1, while the original i have in the folder is 1.0.0.161, could this mean something?
    Last edited by BlackIvory; 08-13-2012 at 10:56 PM.

This patch was for the original release of the game. It won't work with newer versions. Reinstall your GOG version and turn off AA.

Keeper of the Black Flame WorldsReunited's Avatar
    Tried this again today and somehow, suddenly... it works... Sometimes you can actually see things get anti-aliased though, but it looks gr8 overall! ;D
    Check my blog: http://thedreamfallchapters.blogspot.com/ for all kinds of information on Dreamfall Chapters and other things related to the Longest Journey Universe.

i actually managed to get it to work, without the patch tho

I just copied the DIRECTX section from the preferences.ini in the installation folder, into the preferences.ini in the app data folder, some tweaks inside there, and works great with the AA turned on

While a lot of the game works ok with AA enabled, it does tend to break cutscenes and other first-person views. A good way to test it is to look out of April's window near the start of the game; if you can see the canal view then you should be ok, but with AA enabled often the game will appear to freeze before it gets to that point.
    "Why not? Only one human captain has ever survived battle with a Minbari Fleet. He is behind me. You are in front of me. If you value your lives…be somewhere else!"