Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Unofficial Update for Modern PC's.

As someone who doesn't program I can only plead with the programmer community on here!

The US DVD version has been out for awhile, shouldn't someone be tackling a patch for the DVD version, and even for Vista! The thread has had over 11,500 views ... someone would use it! Is this much more complicated to program than with the 4CD version?

It would be great to see the game in it's full AA glory! It's not unplayable by any means, but extra pretty would be pleasurable!

The AA patch was only for ATI cards, I believe, as there was a bug in the ATI control panel that stopped it from forcing the game to use AA. For nVidia cards you can just turn AA on in the nVidia control panel and you should be good to go.

Ok, I guess I'm expecting too much. I've got anisotropic filtering and AA cranked on my GEforce 7900. It looks fine but not smooth. I guess I'm going to have jaggies no matter what?

Hi Rouzbeh: would you please detail your process

Quote Originally Posted by rouzbeh View Post
    Hi, I`m using the 4 cd version on windows vista (with a litttle dll-copying!) but i can`t get this aa patch working.
    i installed it, & i enable aa in my nvidia settings.
    i`m pretty sure i didn`t miss anything. so , is something wrong with vista and/or with this new nvidia driver? (97.46 - cotrol panel 1.3.7.37)
    (oh, i forgot to tell, i`m using an AGP Geforce FX 6600 Albatron)
    Hi Rouzbeh. I, too, have the 4CD version & Vista. Just so I don't have to reinvent the wheel, could you describe the process you used? How did you install the game (as administrator?), did you install DX7, what game settings do you use (3D, etc.), did you use any compatibility settings, what DLL's did you copy and to where?

I think this could help a number of people besides me.

thanks.
    Last edited by Ikon; 03-04-2007 at 06:28 PM.

Prince of Procrastination
    Quote Originally Posted by BitingOnTheNeon View Post
    Ok, I guess I'm expecting too much. I've got anisotropic filtering and AA cranked on my GEforce 7900. It looks fine but not smooth. I guess I'm going to have jaggies no matter what?
    If you are playing on a huge LCD monitor then yeah, even with crazy AA it will be a little jagged, as the game is 640x480 and AA can only do so much. To make sure AA is working, just turn it off completely (as in "force disabled", not "application controlled") and compare the results. You should notice some difference.
    I believe

Hi,
    I'm using a laptop graphics card on windows XP,
    A "Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family", and I'm unaware as to how to activate the AA/AF drivers. Gone into the device control panel, nothing there, ATI doesn't seem to be compatible with it, so I'm at a loss.

Thanks,
    Neutrinos.

Garbled and incomplete graphics

Hi,

I've used the unoffical patch on my laptop that comes with a Mobility Radeon 9600. It runs Vista and i have copied the appropriate DLL's in order to make it work on Vista.

I've tried several application compatibility settings and no matter what the in game graphics look realy wierd. The text (turned on subtitles) flickers and animated characters leave a trail on the screen.

I haven't been able to find a similar problem (or solution for that matter) on this forum. Is there anyone who recognizes this and has a solution?

I took a screenshot and posted it here to show what i'm seeing.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~berrys/TLJ.png
    Last edited by Demolition Berr; 04-19-2007 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Put picture directly in the posting instead of linking to it.

To leave the font as is, just don't overwrite the "gui.ini" file (i think)

And all those who are saying you cannot get the game to work, or that it chrashes, be sure you've tryed enabled compability mode (visit the TLJ folder, right click on "game.exe" and select the tab "compability" and enable compability mode for either windows 95 or windows 98.)
    April Ryan is my friend,
    Every sorrow she can mend.
    When i visit her dark realm,
    Does it simply overwhelm.

Alright, any way to work on a steam compatible version of this? I mean, if we don't use the provided exe with steam, we can't run the game. It just kinda closes when we try to run it through steam.. It's the way they protect the game. It would just be nice to be able to use this.

Actually, I was looking at it, and I think it's just the way they reorganized the game. It's looking for files that aren't there, so what we need is to know where to move the files, or a new exe that knows where it all is

AA and Vista

Quote Originally Posted by Demolition Berr View Post
    Hi,

I've used the unoffical patch on my laptop that comes with a Mobility Radeon 9600. It runs Vista and i have copied the appropriate DLL's in order to make it work on Vista.

I've tried several application compatibility settings and no matter what the in game graphics look realy wierd. The text (turned on subtitles) flickers and animated characters leave a trail on the screen.

I haven't been able to find a similar problem (or solution for that matter) on this forum. Is there anyone who recognizes this and has a solution?

I took a screenshot and posted it here to show what i'm seeing.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~berrys/TLJ.png
    I have the same problem in Vista if I turn AA on at all. I've done the patch and compatibility as well as trying different versions of the Game.exe file and the DL module. I can't get AA to work without losing the backgrounds and have smears of April walking around. We might be out of luck with the ATI drivers in Vista.
    ASUS Commando
    Core 2 Duo E6600
    3 Gig Kingston PC6400 RAM
    Sapphire X1950 XTX
    Soundblaster X-Fi XtremeMusic
    2 320 Gig Seagate SATA II Drives
    1 Maxtor 250 Gig SATA II Drive
    Pioneer DVD 105s
    GCE-8400B CD-RW
    Antec TruePower Trio 650 Watt PS
    Antec 900 Case
    Vista Ultimate 32 bit

Both the mirrors are down for this. Does anyone still around have a copy of the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    both the mirrors are down for this. Does anyone still around have a copy of the patch?
    someone help!

Quote Originally Posted by wandrew8 View Post
    Both the mirrors are down for this. Does anyone still around have a copy of the patch?
    I tested it just now and mirror 2 worked just fine...

Yay! Don't know what I did wrong before, but it worked this time.