PDA

View Full Version : Curiousity about "guests"



Day
11-23-2003, 04:17 AM
Has anyone ever looked at "Current Active Users" and noticed a large number of "guests" that are doing things such as looking at member profiles or reporting a post? I've noticed this a couple of times but thought that you had to be a member to do such things as these. Does anyone know who these "guests" are? Is this like "Big Brother"? Not the reality show...the "1984" reference. ;)

Jazhara7
11-23-2003, 12:55 PM
I have NO idea, but I know what you are referring to.

But I noticed, that sometimes there is an invisible user on the boards. You notice that he is there, when you look at the number of members online on the forum frontpage. He isn't listed (makes sense...lol)

I don't know if these reported posts ever are accepted. I never saw one that has been cancelled...

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
11-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Come on girls, just don't be paranoic and you'll feel alright, believe me, we are not stalking you, it's just a research investigation :D ... umm... did I say that outloud? :confused:

Jazhara7
11-23-2003, 05:45 PM
Me? Paranoid? Never!


And leave your hands off my chocolate! I know that you all want it...


...kidding...



- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Talas
11-23-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
And leave your hands off my chocolate! I know that you all want it... [Homer Simpson] Mmmm... the Land Of Chocolate. [/Homer Simpson] *drools*

:D

Jazhara7
11-23-2003, 06:04 PM
"Save the Earth! It is the only Planet with chocolate."


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Day
11-24-2003, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Talas
Come on girls, just don't be paranoic and you'll feel alright, believe me, we are not stalking you, it's just a research investigation :D ... umm... did I say that outloud? :confused:

LOL..Is that what it is :) ? I'm glad others have noticed though so I don't come across as a complete paranoid.

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 05:24 PM
*lol*


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RaMa
11-24-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by Day
Has anyone ever looked at "Current Active Users" and noticed a large number of "guests" that are doing things such as looking at member profiles or reporting a post?
How do you know that guests are reporting posts and looking at member profiles?


Originally posted by Jazhara7
But I noticed, that sometimes there is an invisible user on the boards. You notice that he is there, when you look at the number of members online on the forum frontpage. He isn't listed (makes sense...lol)
That could be anyone. You're able to choose whether or not you want people to see if you're online or not.

Talas
11-24-2003, 05:34 PM
"Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you." ;)

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by RaMa

How do you know that guests are reporting posts and looking at member profiles?



Go to your user control panel, and select in this thingy "Who's Online"


- :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

RaMa
11-24-2003, 05:58 PM
Hehe. Didn't know that :p.

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 06:07 PM
Now you know it.


- ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

Talas
11-24-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by RaMa
Hehe. Didn't know that :p. Congratulations, you are not paranoic :D

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 09:33 PM
But you should be...Hehe...BIG JAZHARA IS WATCHING YOU...


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Talas
11-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
But you should be...Hehe...BIG JAZHARA IS WATCHING YOU... :eek:

I wasn't picking my nose! Really! I was just... ummm... I was... scratching it, yeah that, scratching it :D :) :( :confused: :eek:

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 09:43 PM
Sure!...hehe...that's what they ALL say...


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Talas
11-24-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
Sure!...hehe...that's what they ALL say... Ok, I admit it, I often pick my nose :(

*waves to the camera while picking his nose* :D ;)

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 10:00 PM
*lol*


...we still like you, Talas. Don't we?


- :) :D :) :D :) :D :)

RaMa
11-24-2003, 10:27 PM
Nah... I don't like nosepickers... They're too, uhm, nosepicky... ;)

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 10:30 PM
Man, RaMa. Give him a chance!

He is so nice.


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
11-24-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
He is so nice. Yes, listen to her, I'm a nice nosepicker :D

Day
11-25-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by RaMa

How do you know that guests are reporting posts and looking at member profiles?


That could be anyone. You're able to choose whether or not you want people to see if you're online or not.

When you choose whether or not people can see you when you are online, it still says member. That's why it seemed so odd when I saw a "guest" reporting a post.

RaMa
11-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by Talas
Yes, listen to her, I'm a nice nosepicker :D
I dunno. I had a bad experience with a nosepicker once. From that moment on I never trusted a nosepicker ever again...

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 03:08 PM
You shouldn't rate nosepickers on an experience with one nosepicker...



- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RaMa
11-25-2003, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry, but that incident has made me prejudge nosepickers for the rest of my life. I just can't trust them anymore... They used to be my favorite type of people, but now I've lost my faith in nospickerity. If one of them is evil, anyone of them could be.

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 04:29 PM
That's sad...


- :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

RaMa
11-25-2003, 04:31 PM
Thanks! ;) :p

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 04:34 PM
Now you did it.

I'm confused...




































...kidding...


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Talas
11-25-2003, 04:44 PM
Don't worry, I'll leave my nosepicking ways as soon as the weather gets warmer... probably next March :D

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 04:46 PM
See RaMa.

So you can trust Talas.


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
11-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Yes! Trust me! Bwahahahahaha! :D ... ummm... yeah, I know, the evil nosepicking :(

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 04:58 PM
lol

RaMa
11-25-2003, 05:19 PM
Once a nosepicker, always a nosepicker. You remain untrusted, Talas... ;)

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 06:06 PM
What do we have to do to make you trust Talas?


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
11-25-2003, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
What do we have to do to make you trust Talas? Yeah, come on, trust some one who lives approximately 9,000 kms away isn't that hard :D

Jazhara7
11-25-2003, 06:38 PM
Exactly.


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RaMa
11-25-2003, 08:48 PM
I'm on to you, Talas! Your dirty mind-tricks don't work on me! And you, Jazhara! You're in on it too, aren't you! Yes, I know what you're trying to do... But it won't work! I'll never go over to the dark side. NEVER!!!

Jazhara7
11-26-2003, 12:07 PM
"RaMa!!!! I am your father"... wait...That's not right..."RaMa!!!! I am your noooossseeee!!! PICK ME!!!!!!"



*lol*


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RaMa
11-26-2003, 12:12 PM
NEVAH! YOU'LL NEVAH CATCH ME ALIIIIIVE!! MWHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!!

Talas
11-26-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by RaMa
NEVAH! YOU'LL NEVAH CATCH ME ALIIIIIVE!! MWHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!! *breathes heavily* You underestimate the power of the dark side of the Nose *breathes heavily* :D

RaMa
11-26-2003, 07:20 PM
NEVAAAAHHH!!!! *kills himself*

Jazhara7
11-27-2003, 07:27 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


RaMa!!!!!!!!!!!!
DON'T!!!!!!!!


*gets Defibrilator*

I'll get you back!

*uses Defibrilator on RaMa*

*Listens at RaMa chest for heartbeat*

IT'S BEATING AGAIN!!!!

Rejoice, friends of RaMa!!!!!

He's back!!!!!!!!!

And there was much rejoicing, and RaMa, Jazhara, Talas, and all our friends from the forums lived happily ever after...

- :) :D :) :D :) :D :)


But in the darkest corner of the forum, a new danger loomed...THE EARHOLES!!!!!!! (Da-dun!!!!!)

Talas
11-27-2003, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
But in the darkest corner of the forum, a new danger loomed...THE EARHOLES!!!!!!! (Da-dun!!!!!) :eek:

*walks away slowly*

Jazhara7
11-27-2003, 07:44 PM
*puts on her Susan Sto-Helit costume and follows Talas*

(whispers)"where are we going?"



- :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Talas
11-27-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
(whispers)"where are we going?" The Dark Side of the Nose has detected an enemy, its spread must be stopped.

No one shall pick his/her ear, no one! The Nose said so! :D

RaMa
11-27-2003, 07:56 PM
*wakes up* Damn... *sees that coast is clear* *kills himself again*

Jazhara7
11-27-2003, 08:09 PM
*whistles*

A white horse comes galloping through the sky and lands beside Susan/Jazhara

(to horse)"Binky, I sense that AlraM has killed himself again. Do me a favour and use the Defibrilator to get him back. And watch him until he comes to his senses again, so that he doesn't try it again. Granddad doesn't like it if people try to kill themselves before it is their time. He hates it nearly as much as he hates when people hurt cats."


*Binky whinnies and gallops away*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[the scene: TLJ forum. RaMA lies dead on the floor. Binky comes galloping from the sky]

*Binky uses Defibrilator on RaMa. The Death of Rats helps him*

SQUEAK!


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
11-27-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
...I sense that AlraM has killed himself again... He's RaMa ;)

And reading that reminds of all the things I'm missing not reading a Terry Pratchett's book :(

Jazhara7
11-27-2003, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry.

Why don't you read a Terry Pratchett book?


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

RaMa
11-27-2003, 09:58 PM
Oh darn... WHY!!! WHY!!!! WHY DO I HAVE TO LIVE!!!! WHY CAN'T I DIEEEEEE!!!!! :(

Day
11-28-2003, 05:26 AM
WOW...well done. I can't believe what resulted from the original topic.

Jazhara7
11-28-2003, 07:22 PM
RaMa. I can tell you why. Even for persons that are not the granddaughter of Death it is easy to tell.

*suddenly her voice changes. Now the sound of her voice doesn't take the long way across the earchannel, but seems to be directly in the listeners head. It is a creepy feeling, that makes the little hair on the back of your neck stand up...*

BECAUSE IT IS NOT TIME FOR YOU TO DIE YET. WHY DO YOU WANT TO DIE? I KNOW A WIZARD WHO IS VERY EAGER NOT TO DIE. JUST LIKE NEARLY EVERYBODY ELSE ON EARTH.


*her voice changes back*

And we also don't want you to die. You are a great friend. And we don't want to loose you. We would miss you.


- :( :) :( :) :( :) :(

Talas
11-28-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
Why don't you read a Terry Pratchett book? Lack of time :(

Maybe I'll buy one for Christmas... and I'll try to read it in my two free days :D

Jazhara7
11-28-2003, 08:02 PM
Why don't you try to let somebody give you one of the books as Christmas present to you?

- ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D ;)

Talas
11-28-2003, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
Why don't you try to let somebody give you one of the books as Christmas present to you? I already gave them some suggestions ;)

Well... maybe one more wont hurt :D

Jazhara7
11-28-2003, 08:09 PM
yeah...lol


- :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

RaMa
11-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
RaMa. I can tell you why. Even for persons that are not the granddaughter of Death it is easy to tell.

*suddenly her voice changes. Now the sound of her voice doesn't take the long way across the earchannel, but seems to be directly in the listeners head. It is a creepy feeling, that makes the little hair on the back of your neck stand up...*

BECAUSE IT IS NOT TIME FOR YOU TO DIE YET. WHY DO YOU WANT TO DIE? I KNOW A WIZARD WHO IS VERY EAGER NOT TO DIE. JUST LIKE NEARLY EVERYBODY ELSE ON EARTH.


*her voice changes back*

And we also don't want you to die. You are a great friend. And we don't want to loose you. We would miss you.
*looks at his watch* Oh it's time alright. You just want me alive so I can join your nosepicking obscenities. Well let me tell you something. Unlike you nosepickers, I am a decent man and I will not lower myself to that kind of behaviour. :mad:

Jazhara7
11-29-2003, 10:20 AM
Er, actually, no.

You don't have to pick your nose.

And if I would, I would go to the "Anonymous Nosepickers". And I am sure Talas would come too. Wouldn't you Talas?


- ;) :) ;) :) ;) :) ;)

RaMa
11-29-2003, 01:41 PM
*infiltrates the secret nosepickers guild* Hi there! I'm a fellow nosepicker. You can tell me all your plans to take over the world. I won't tell. Honest. *keeps fingers crossed and smiles like a saint*

Jazhara7
11-29-2003, 07:05 PM
Well, we actually wouldn't try to take over the world. Even if there WAS a secret nosepicker guild.


If you want to find somebody who might try to take on the world, I would check out the Masons. But it is horribly difficult to get their secret handshake...


Or you could try this YAHTZEE guy. Here's the links to his websites.

Yahtzee takes on the World (http://yahtzee.keenspace.com/d/20001220.html)

and

FullyRamblomatic.com (http://www.fullyramblomatic.com/)


Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw...he's the guy who made the great adventure game "5 Days a Stranger"...You should try it. It is really good. Great athmosphere(though a bit creepy) and everything.


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
11-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
And if I would, I would go to the "Anonymous Nosepickers". And I am sure Talas would come too. Wouldn't you Talas? Of course... anyway, my nosepicking ways will be over as soon as I get better from my cold... I think, maybe, it's a possibility.

Jazhara7
11-30-2003, 03:37 PM
That's good to hear.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
12-01-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
That's good to hear. Yeah, I hate being sick :(

I hate cold weather, I want my sun back :mad:

Hilander
12-01-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Talas
Yeah, I hate being sick :(

I hate cold weather, I want my sun back :mad:

Then you'll kwetch about the heat.:)

negullah
12-01-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7

Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw...he's the guy who made the great adventure game "5 Days a Stranger"...You should try it. It is really good. Great athmosphere(though a bit creepy) and everything.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Yeah, I played it and for a game with those graphics, it still managed to scare the S^&t out of me! Well, not quite S^&t, maybe in smaller amounts. *dad looks at post, remarks:s^&t???what??? ergh! ewwww! you know what son? you're full of bulls^&t!*:p

Jazhara7
12-01-2003, 09:24 PM
lol


But it is a great little game...


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

negullah
12-01-2003, 09:31 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jazhara7
lol


But it is a great little game...


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :) [/QUOTE
No, no don't get me wrong, I found it really good! If I didn't I wouldn't have finished it, now would I?

Jazhara7
12-01-2003, 09:38 PM
I didn't get you wrong...

I actually just wanted to say that I also think the game is great.

I think I should have used "Yes", instead of "But".


- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
12-01-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hilander
Then you'll kwetch about the heat.:) Only when the thermometer goes over 42°C :cool:

By the way, I don't know what "kwetch" means, but I assumed it means "complain" or something like that :)

Hilander
12-01-2003, 10:02 PM
It does, in Yiddish, now you have learned something here:)

Jazhara7
12-02-2003, 07:55 PM
lol...

cool

sounds a bit like "quengeln" that also means something like complain. But in german.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Talas
12-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by Hilander
It does, in Yiddish, now you have learned something here:) Finally!




... just kidding, I learn new things everyday around here ;)

Hilander
12-02-2003, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
lol...

cool

sounds a bit like "quengeln" that also means something like complain. But in german.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Now there's a word I haven't heard or seen in years. And it is very close to kwetvh in that they both mean a continuing, whining complaint in tones similar to the Gribbler as the old woman.

Jazhara7
12-03-2003, 06:35 PM
yeah

Although I think that quengeln is more often used when referring to children.

And when referring to adults "nörgeln" (in an angry, or annoyed manner), or "jammern" (in a miserable manner) are often used.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)