PDA

View Full Version : Black Mirror

Day
11-18-2003, 05:47 AM
I just purchased the game Black Mirror and, so far, I really like it. It has a slight bit of gore but the puzzles are interesting, plot is intriguing, and there is inter-action between characters. It's reminiscent of Syberia but with a little bit of a spooky twist.
http://www.adventuregamers.com/display.php?id=170
I just thought I'd share for those that like a good mystery. :)

I'm not advertising this game but I knew that some of you were looking for a cool game to play.

Echoes
11-18-2003, 10:22 PM
The previewer compares Black Mirror with Gabriel Knight, The Longest Journey and Siberia, and that promises well. The graphics are absolutely gorgeous, and based on your points of view, the game sounds terrific. Personally, I don't object against some gore, as I am a horror fan.

negullah
11-18-2003, 10:24 PM
Thanks! You read my mind!:D :D

Day
11-18-2003, 10:31 PM
And the music is cool too. :)

Talas
11-19-2003, 07:03 PM
Looks interesting :cool:

Day
11-23-2003, 04:30 AM
Let me just say OMG this game is hard!

negullah
11-23-2003, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by Day
Let me just say OMG this game is hard!
Yeah, but the demo was so short and easy. What a way to advertise...:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Jazhara7
11-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Does anybody know when it is going to be released in Europe?

Or has it already been released?

- :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

negullah
11-23-2003, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
Does anybody know when it is going to be released in Europe?

Or has it already been released?

- :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
I think it has already been released.:p

adfegg
11-23-2003, 02:53 PM
I've certainly not seen any sign of it.

Jazhara7
11-23-2003, 04:03 PM
I couldn't find it at Amazon.co.uk

- :) :confused: :) :confused: :) :confused: :)

Echoes
11-24-2003, 08:43 AM
It seems the game isn't only difficult to play, but also difficult to find...

Jazhara7
11-24-2003, 05:22 PM
Wanna have iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WANNA! WANNAWANNAWANNAWANNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- :D :) :D :) :D :) :D

Jazhara7
05-01-2004, 10:44 AM
I got it!

I just finished it yesterday.

And now I'm sad...

Or Melancholic...

Because I've finished a wonderful game.

For me, it now is on the same shelf od respect and adoration as The Longest Journey and LOOM.

The game is...different.

The ending was good.

- :) :( :) :( :) :( :)

adfegg
05-01-2004, 07:30 PM
Where'd you get it? IWOOT!

Jazhara7
05-01-2004, 07:55 PM
At a big german electronics chain store.

They sell everything from Washing Machines to Computer CD's.

It is called "Media Markt"

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

adfegg
05-01-2004, 08:22 PM
Hey, I've found it at amazon.co.uk! It's not out yet - it'll be released on May 28th - but you could pre-order it along with Syberia 2 and Runaway!

Hilander
05-02-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by adfegg
Hey, I've found it at amazon.co.uk! It's not out yet - it'll be released on May 28th - but you could pre-order it along with Syberia 2 and Runaway!

I got hung up in Black Mirror with the picture puzzle - I have serious problems with black on dark grey images. But you WILL love Syberia II. The grafix and sound are even better than Syveria.

Jazhara7
05-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Which picture puzzle? At the beginning?

If yes, that's sad. Because you really miss a good game. :(

Hilander
05-02-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Jazhara7
Which picture puzzle? At the beginning?

If yes, that's sad. Because you really miss a good game. :(

Yes, in the attic in Chapter 1

Jazhara7
05-02-2004, 08:22 PM
I hopy you will manage to get past that point.

Any way that I can help you there?

Hilander
05-02-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Hilander

Yes, in the attic in Chapter 1

I did not, no matter what I tried I could not get the parts in the right order and, due to age or diabetic retinitis I can't see the pieces well enough to be sure, and, as you may know, this puzzle does not allow redoes,. I don't suppose you have a save at the point right after you put the picture together?

karel y2k4
05-02-2004, 09:13 PM
Media Markt is great. Only recently there opened one in Hasselt. Saw Myst III there for 3 euros!
Back on topic: I heard the game wasn't that good?? What makes it so different 'cause here some people seem to like it??

Hilander
05-02-2004, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by karel y2k4
Media Markt is great. Only recently there opened one in Hasselt. Saw Myst III there for 3 euros!

Over priced

Back on topic: I heard the game wasn't that good?? What makes it so different 'cause here some people seem to like it?? :)

Which game? Black Mirro shows promise as a P&C adventure game, with some rather nasty characters. Syberia II is outstanding.

Jazhara7
05-03-2004, 07:28 PM
I don't think any of my saves would help you, because I have the german version.

But did you try to turn the pieces?

@ karely: I think some people don't like the game, because you can actually die in some cases and the game doesn't really give you the opportunity to try again. You have to load a save game.

Still, this game is great, in my honest opinion.

Hilander
05-03-2004, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jazhara7
[B]I don't think any of my saves would help you, because I have the german version.

But did you try to turn the pieces?

Every which way but loose.

Day
05-04-2004, 04:26 AM
I'm glad some of you liked the game! I did as well.

Hilander- I had a great walkthrough (I'd have to find it b/c I took it out of my favorites) that I can, either PM, or post here if you'd like. :)

karel y2k4
05-04-2004, 10:55 AM
Ok, you guys and girls convinced me to give the game a try (as soon as I've payed my car, insurrance and tax :confused: )

Hilander
05-04-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Day
I'm glad some of you liked the game! I did as well.

Hilander- I had a great walkthrough (I'd have to find it b/c I took it out of my favorites) that I can, either PM, or post here if you'd like. :)

Thanks, considering all the interest, it might be wiser to post the link here, tho.

Day
05-05-2004, 12:36 AM
It's a pretty good one but, please keep in mind, that it's not a hint system so there are spoilers. You can find the walkthrough here (http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcBb/BlackMirror.htm)

Hilander
05-05-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Day
It's a pretty good one but, please keep in mind, that it's not a hint system so there are spoilers. You can find the walkthrough here (http://www.gameboomers.com/wtcheats/pcBb/BlackMirror.htm)

Thanks, I have that one, the problem is that the [icture is generally black on dark gray and even with brightness and contrast fiddled with, I just have a major problem fighting with the pieces - I cant see them well enough.

Day
05-05-2004, 03:08 AM
Yeah, I'm not sure how to break it down better....My father also has diabetes and I can empathize. I'm sorry.