PDA

View Full Version : Adventure genre

Jazhara7
09-14-2003, 03:25 PM
Do you know these polls asking "Is Adventuregenre dead?".
Well, it obviously can't be dead, with such a wonderful Adventure like TLJ around:D .

What do you think about that?

Is adventure genre sleeping, or is it just resting a little, not being completely absent, to start again with a glorious comeback?

I think it is just resting, and will come back gloriously.:D

RaMa
09-14-2003, 03:38 PM
The adventure-genre is in a cocoon. It's sleeping and at the same time changing. But it's almost coming out of that cocoon. Just look at all the new adventure games coming out. TLJ.s, Sam&Max2, Syberia2, Broken Sword 3, Runaway2, etc. Those are all follow-ups, but there are also some new titles out there, such as Uru, Black Mirror and Journey to the Centre of the Earth (I have no idea, what they're about, but I saw them at Adventure Gamers :p). A lot of those upcoming adventure games will be quite different in gameplay than previous adventure games. Just look at the info we have on TLJ.s (3D, but with fixed camera positions, ingame sequences contain different camera angles, including close-ups, etc.).

Luthien^
09-15-2003, 09:33 AM
Journey to the Center of the Earth will definitely become one of the big, new adventure games!

It looks so beautiful, check out the screenshots at theOff. Web-site (http://www.frogwares.com)

Jazhara7
09-15-2003, 03:38 PM
You're right, it looks beatiful.

Er...Does anybody know if "Frogwares" stands in any relation to "Bullfrog"?

Hilander
09-15-2003, 03:44 PM
Got the impression it was a French site:)

Jazhara7
09-15-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm not sure if Bullfrog was french. I think it is from USA. But still the frog looks kinda familiar.

Thanks anyway!

Twinsenfan
09-15-2003, 06:08 PM
There has been so many click and point adventure games like TLJ, the MYST games and Animals Of Farthing Wood, but has there been any good text based adventure games lately?

Maps!

RaMa
09-15-2003, 06:15 PM
Not that I know of. I think text-adventures kinda died.

Luthien^
09-16-2003, 09:12 AM
Frogwares comes from Ukraina, but they use french and english in their productions, and they are very international.

Bullfrog is not related to Frogwares...
Bullfrog was the creators of Theme Park and Theme Hospital right? Love those games, I kinda grew up with them :)

Jazhara7
09-16-2003, 02:14 PM
I really much liked Theme Hospial. Though I have to admit, I couldn't finish without cheating, because I'm not very good at Simulation games.

By the way, does anybody know "Beneath a Steel Sky"?
If not, you can download it (It is LEGAL!) at SCUMM VM

http://www.scummvm.org

if you want.

I think it is a great game. You can even download th talkie version.;)

P.S: You also have to download ScummVM to play the game. But it is also useful to run old LucasArts games or the first two Simon the Sorcerer games.:)