PDA

View Full Version : website

Angelle1
06-21-2003, 02:30 AM
I just finished playing tlj, and I LOVED it! I am about to start playing it again. I want to make a huge website about it but do you think it's worth making another one? BTW it would be great to have a partner to help w/ the page that's good with html. Been so long since I made a webpage but I think I'm good at it! The page will have hints/cheats, screenshots, results frorm choosing different options, message board, music, etc...

So wadya think???

<3 Angelle

Angelle1
06-21-2003, 03:20 AM
any ideas on this page? I'd love some help. I think that I've decided to make it. If u think it's a good idea, rate this thread please!

RaMa
06-21-2003, 07:59 AM
It all depends on the quality and originality of the site. The site has to have something that's different to all the other TLJ fan-sites out there. The 'results frorm choosing different options' doesn't exist yet as far as I know, so that's a start. Try doing your walkthroughs an another, better way than other walkthroughs out there.

Anyways, good luck with your new site, Angelle1 :).

the Poet
06-21-2003, 04:36 PM
Many websites containing much of the same stuff is boring, so you gotta be original. When you know you have a good idea, start with the rest of the contents, what should be on the site and what should not. Then get some ideas about the design, don't use your favourite colours if they don't match each other.;)
One thing that could be original about a TLJ site is picking colours that differs from the ones used on the official site (not typical TLJ colours). In my eyes a website with a good design (and good content) is far more important than difficult codes and java, etc. But simple java can make difference, just don't over-use it. If you search the web you can find turtorials and codes, try to understand the codes, don't just copy and paste. I recomend Macromedia's Dreamweawer MX, it is a very good program to make websites with.