PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a translator

RaMa
05-28-2003, 05:36 PM
Can somebody please translate this for me?
------------------------------------------------------------
A "következő nagy dobás" a Funcomtól
2003. május 20. - Játék

A Funcom az E3-on levetített egy előzetest legújabb projektükről,
amit egyelőre egyszerűen csak "next big thing"-nek (a következő
nagy dobásnak) neveznek. A videóból kiderült, hogy egy online horrojátékról van szó, amely a középkorban játszódik. Az egyik jelenetben belső nézetes akció volt látható, aminek során a főhős egy pisztollyal harcolt egy eltorzult emberi figura ellen, tehát úgy tűnik, hogy egy FPS-sel van dolgunk. A Funcom további részleteket nem hozott nyilvánosságra a játékkal kapcsolatban, de reméljük erre már nem kell sokat várnunk.

Michael Elboim
05-28-2003, 06:56 PM
What language is it?

Ninety Nine
05-28-2003, 07:59 PM
Hungarian.
At 100 %.
From this site:

http://www.sg.hu/jatek.php

I presume :) .

RaMa
05-28-2003, 10:49 PM
Yup. Entirely true :).

Michael Elboim
05-29-2003, 09:05 AM
I don't have Hungarian font in my CPU... like I write
ůěĺí îä đůîň ŕöěëí?
But you won't see Hebrew...
hmm... but the CPU saves the language anyway right? try uhhh... www.google.com, write somthing like:
"Translate Hungarian to English"
and see what came out, i'll try too.

RaMa
05-29-2003, 10:09 AM
Here's my translation :p.
---------------------------------------------------
The "next big thing" a Funcomtól
March 20th, 2003 - Játék

A Funcom at E3-on showed their latest project, which for the time being for short simply "next big thing"-nek (or next big thing) te be referred as. A videóból the secret is out, that a online horror there is word, which the középkorban to take place. It either means inside nézetes akció was on show, in whitness thereof in the course of the protagonist a cover with a revolver fought a disfigured human figure versus, as it seems, that a FPS-sequence it is ours to. A Funcom further details no brought made public játékkal to associate with, but let's hope for the best on this already no must require quite a lot thinking.
---------------------------------------------------
It's good enough to know that there's nothing new in it. Thanks for the advice Michael :).

Michael Elboim
05-29-2003, 01:56 PM
No prob RaMa!
Look good, nothing new but made me excited for the first video trailer!

mocii
05-30-2003, 07:34 PM
Hello!

I thought you might want to have a deeper insight on the information contained in the quoted Hungarian article.

You must have realized already that I am Hungarian! :)

Therefore, here is my 90-95% precise translation:

The "next big thing" from Funcom

20th May 2003 - Game

At E3, Funcom has presented a brief movie trailer for their next project, that which the developer simply refers to as its "next big thing" for the time being. The video showed that it is some online horror-style game, which takes place in the medieval ages. A sequence of a shooting action could be seen from a player's first-person view, holding a pistol, struggling against a misshapen humanoid figure, so it seems it is an FPS (first person shooter). Funcom has not divulged any more details about the game, but we hope we need not wait too long for that.

Well, if you read the article carefully, you can easily find out that its author was not well informed and was a bit cursory, describing only one scene from the full video trailer, and dubbing the game an FPS.

I have sought and found an article written in English, which is similar to the one above but more accurate.

By chance, it is the one GameSpot (http://www.gamespot.com/) has posted by the title Funcom Informally Announces Next Big Thing (http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/funcomnbt/news_6028574.html). This article is also posted to the www.NeBiTh.cjb.net (http://www.NeBiTh.cjb.net/) site.

Here it is:

We took a look at the Norwegian developer's next major project at E3 2003.

We watched a brief movie trailer for Funcom's next project, an unannounced action game that the developer simply refers to as its "next big thing" (or "NBT," for short). The trailer opened with the pronouncement, in bold letters, that "Horror goes online." The trailer also showed concept-art paintings of various characters dressed in the kind of finery you'd associate with Victorian-age nobility. It then cut to a sweeping view of a dark, mist-enshrouded forest full of individually rendered (and extremely withered) trees. The trailer then cut to an unmistakable first-person shooter sequence that showed the action from a player's first-person view, holding a pistol while strafing down a hill, trying to draw a bead on a misshapen humanoid figure that shambled up the hill at a startling speed. The trailer ended with a walk up through the dead forest on a rough-hewn stairway that ended in a small stone cairn decorated to look like a church.

While we don't have a lot of information on the game, it may very well be the first massively multiplayer horror-themed game ever created. We'll bring you more details as we get them.

By Andrew Park, GameSpot [POSTED: 05/20/03 01:05 AM]This speaks for itself. :cool:

RaMa
05-31-2003, 12:22 AM
Hehe. Thanks for the better translation, mocii :p.

Michael Elboim
05-31-2003, 06:11 PM
This forum is like the game... so much to read!!!!!

mocii
06-01-2003, 12:36 AM
Michael Elboim, do you mean, like TLJ?

Allegedly, lot of people who played with TLJ has the opinion that the game had too much conversation in it and too little action.

I do not know wether it is true or not. However, I really enjoyed the complex, deep and intelligent talk of the characters in TLJ, especially when they detailed something. It was very life-like, very 'realistic', and was one of the things which made you feel the characters have human sense and emotions. In this point (and in many others as well), TLJ has far surpassed those (otherwise good) adventure games which had had those dull and empty conversations, containing only 'puzzle' information (what item do you need, what place to go etc.).

In TLJ, it was more like talking to a living human being, or like I 'talk" to YOU now, and definitely not like talking to a mindless algorithmic computer!!!!!

mocii
06-05-2003, 12:37 AM
By the way, did you know that The Longest Journey game have never been published in my country? :(

In Hungary, not a single copy of the game has ever arrived to any of the local stores..... :confused:

It is very regrettable, especially because of the fact that all the gaming magazines wrote a lot about the game, and soon, both GameStar and PC Guru, the two most popular game magazines, had chosen it "Best Game of the Year".

Strange, isn't it?

The only way for us to buy it is through Amazon.com online shop. :cool: But it's a little expensive for us, consider the shipping price... :confused:

Michael Elboim
06-05-2003, 06:29 AM
Yeah I meant TLJ... but no! it's not like talking a real human... talking to Burns Flipper is talking to a human!! but it really fun to have long conversations with real characters! old ones do talk thah much... Cortez, Tobias, Alvane etc'...

And about the game in other cuntries... sorry that USA so stupid they don't publish adventure games anymore! only Matrix and Tomb rider and stupid stuff like that....... good i'm from Israel we'r taking games from Europe! but anyway good we have Amazon!! best store ever!!!!!

mocii
06-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Michael Elboim, you wrote: :
it's not like talking a real human... talking to Burns Flipper is talking to a human!! Of course, I did not say that the characters in TLJ are real humans. I said they talk more like real people than programmed computers. They are part of a computer program, actually.:p However, each of them have a unique style, a distinctive vocabulary, a substantive accent... they have different personalities that comes through their spoken words and their behaviour.
And about the game in other cuntries... sorry that USA so stupid they don't publish adventure games anymore! only Matrix and Tomb rider and stupid stuff like that....... I would not say they do not publish adventure games in the USA. They do, actually, if there is any adventure game that is worth publishing!:p

You may know that Funcom is mainly a European developer and publisher company. Their location (http://www.funcom.com/about/location/) is in the Switzerland, Norway and now they have a division in the USA. They published TLJ first in Europe, and then, much later, in the USA.
good i'm from Israel we'r taking games from Europe!And I live in Hungary, which is located in Central Europe. Therefore, I am about as far from the USA as you are! We also get computer games from other European countries, but TLJ was an exception.
but anyway good we have Amazon!! best store ever!!!!!Yes, it is true! And they are about to accomplish their all-time high number of orders on 21st June, because more than 1 million copies of Harry Potter Book 5 have been pre-ordered from them!:) :) :)

boo-urns
06-09-2003, 07:58 AM
jeebus, over a mil?? that's crazy talk :eek:

Michael Elboim
06-09-2003, 11:55 AM
and 2 months later I can buy Harry Potter in Hebrew so i'll wait...

JtheJackal
06-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Two more weeks till Harry Potter 5, I can't beilive it's finally happening

Michael Elboim
06-09-2003, 08:31 PM
11 days god damn it!!!!!!!!
1 hour god damn it!!!!!!!!!!
27 min god damn it!!!!!!!!!!
30 sec god damn it!!!!!!!!!!
after 2 and a half years of waiting...........
It's really about time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GoD FuCkInG DaMn IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!