PDA

View Full Version : Other games?

adriane_d
02-16-2003, 01:20 AM
I like TLJ, cept for the poopy ending that leaves ya hanging. But, I was wondering what other kind of games are out there that are like this one .. Ive heard about 11th hour and Myst and such, but I dont enjoy completely torturous puzzles, I like interactive story lines like TLJ .. any ideas for me? Thanks :D

BR796164
02-17-2003, 07:36 AM
You may try Blade Runner game mentioned over here...

http://forums.longestjourney.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=416

Drooling Iguana
02-19-2003, 11:23 PM
Pretty much all of the LucasArts adventure games are pretty good (Monkey Island, Sam and Max, Day of the Tentacle, etc,) as are many of the old Sierra games (King's Quest, Space Quest, Gabriel Knight, etc.) I've also heard some good things about Syberia.

karelrulez
02-23-2003, 02:10 PM
http://www.bladerunner.com

Nulani
02-23-2003, 11:35 PM
You should follow Drooling Iguana's advice.

BR796164
02-24-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by karelrulez
http://www.bladerunner.com

Ahem... I doubt that domain is even registered.

karelrulez
02-24-2003, 05:31 PM
easy mr smartass, it's been removed.

BR796164
02-26-2003, 07:51 AM
Oooooh... nice attitude, my boy!

And you actually haven't bothered to mention it and posted an obsolete URL?

karelrulez
02-26-2003, 05:36 PM
u wanna piece of me, huh? I bet I can beat your digital ass in seconds

BR796164
02-27-2003, 06:55 AM
Yeah, good one, my boy!

Go on and amuse me.

(Now I really think that this place is in serious need for more mods, just in case of pacifying arrogant immature trolls like this one...)

adriane_d
02-27-2003, 06:42 PM
oh holy cow gimmie a break, i wanted game suggestions, not namecalling. whoopie do, bad link, i think i coulda found that out and Not have made a big deal outa it, no reason to argue :)

bigdan
02-27-2003, 08:23 PM
Hi Adriane_d,

If u like TLJ, you will certainly like Syberia or Post Mortem.

Go on that site to know more about those games.

http://www.microids.com

bye

bigdan:) :D ;) :cool:

Cz
02-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by BR796164
(Now I really think that this place is in serious need for more mods, just in case of pacifying arrogant immature trolls like this one...)
Oh, I think it works quite well with just me at the moment. If people get out of hand, just blow the flute (i.e. click the report link), and I'll flap over here to fix things for ya in a flash. ;)

computertalker
02-28-2003, 01:27 AM
You will love Syberia. (Can't wait for Syberia II, which is due in October 2003.) The Longest Journey II won't be out soon enough...

Jupiter
03-02-2003, 10:45 PM
after seeing some screens of Syberia (which looked a bit dull and gray) i decided on TLJ for it's beauty.

Nomad Soul was a good adventure game, but there were a few Tekken-style combat sequences and about 4 or 5 FPS sequences too, and i really enjoyed the variety, and you could buy stuff to help you out in the fights.

Outcast was one of the best games i've ever played prolly about 60/40 adventure/FPS, although you can avoid many potential confrontaions. i loved the open sense of freedom in that game, vast lands where you can go anywhere you want on a Twon-ha (two legged horse), non-linear gameplay and a unique voxel based game engine looks fanatastic but doesn't require a top end vid card (or any vid card actually). it's one of the few games i've ever considered playing again.

DramaLlama
03-15-2003, 04:00 PM
Beyond Atlantis (Atlantis II in some countries) has some beautiful graphics and pretty interesting puzzles-in the "you know what you have to do, but there's a roundabout way to get what you need to solve it. " (Rubber ducky, anyone? :) ). There's also one called "The Messanger" that's pretty interesting.

AprilRyanG13
04-08-2003, 07:13 PM
Warning! I'm not an english speaking person, so my typing can be.. umm.. well, you'll see.

I loved the longest journey, and I must say that it really is the best adventure game I've played. Well anyway, you did not ask that - so these adventure games I like a lot (hope you enjoy of them too!):
-Gabriel Knight 3 (<- You should try that one!:p It was the first adventure game I really liked ...though it is 3D)
-Monkey Island 1, 2 and 3 (graphic in 1 and 2 is not that good, but who cares anyway :D)
-Broken Sword 1 and 2 (Well these aren't so fabulous after TLJ, but I got addicted)

And then there is also Grim Fandango, which I didn't enjoy so much of.. But it still got good reviews, so guess my opinion maybe the wrong one?

rockchick2325
04-08-2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah I was looking for some other games like TLJ to play, so I played Syberia and that was ok. Now I am thinking about Post Mortem...Anyone think that was a good game? Was it kind of like TLJ?

Twisted_Angel
04-09-2003, 01:50 AM
I played Post Mortem and it is nothing, I repeat nothing at all like TLJ! I expected a good mystery/thriller game, but it turned out to be so boring! And frankly, it was way too short & the ending was lame. I don't recommend this game at all. Waste of money.

Drooling Iguana
04-16-2003, 04:46 AM
I just picked up Circle of Blood (a.k.a. Broken Sword) at a pawn shop a couple fo weeks ago, and it's pretty good. Not TLJ good, but well worth the CAN$8 I spent on it. :)

AlraM
04-16-2003, 09:03 AM
Day of the Tentacle is a great game... But do you want TLJ-like storylines (as in fantasy/SF stuff), or just great storylines?

Jazhara7
09-14-2003, 06:45 PM
I love "LOOM" by LucasArts. It is very different from any other Adventure game I've played. It doesn't have an Inventory, and you don't have the SCUMM-Interface that most of the old LucasArts games got(Now you've got the LUA-Engine for the New ones like Grim Fandango and Escape from Monkey Island). You work with a magical staff and weave music. It has a beautiful story and wonderful music(from "Swanlake").

And I'm addicted to all of the "Monkey Island" games.:D

Twinsenfan
09-14-2003, 07:29 PM
I have the Syberia demo, and I haven't played it before, but it can't work on my computer because it needs a 3D card.

Maps!

Hilander
09-14-2003, 07:35 PM
Another vote for Syberia or its predecessor Amerzone (if you can find it) Post Mortem is also good but it has one real nasty pixel hunt towards the end.