PDA

View Full Version : When/How often and so on

chrisis
01-23-2003, 03:52 PM
Just want to ask, how long you all here already have TLJ, which language-version you have, how often you played through, perhaps you can also tell, if you needed help for some puzzles.

Ok, I will begin:

I have bought mine after heaving read about it in some adventure-newsgroups and having seen it very cheap for 99 Schilling at this time (now we have Euro, so this is about 7,2 Euro, about the same in US$). This was some time in late 2001. It is the german version, btw.
So far I've played the full game four times, also sometimes if I'm in mood for it, I just play a chapter from a saved game.
Oh, and I must admit, three or four times I looked up hints, I just wanted to know how the story goes on

so, ok, this was my point,
would be nice, if others could write something like that too

RaMa
01-23-2003, 06:15 PM
'Kay, here it goes:

Once upon a time, to be more precisely during a vacation in 2001 I think, I was a bit bored. I needed to find a new game. An adventure game would be nice. So I went to the Dutch freerecordshop site and clicked on the 'Adventure games top 10' list. I think TLJ was number one at that time. So I bought it for about 10 euro's after reading the description, which sounded pretty good. It was the Dutch version, because I live in Holland and I don't think they're selling any English ones here.
I think I've played TLJ for 3 or 4 times now. One time I played it just to learn more about the world, because I was making a TLJ MMORPG concept at the time. But that didn't work out :).

JtheJackal
01-23-2003, 08:58 PM
I bought the English version a couple of months after the game came out. All the great reviews and adventure game awards made me go get it. I've played it twice

Ninety Nine
01-23-2003, 10:01 PM
I readed about TLJ in polish games magazines (some by now, non existed) where writed about it with great admiration. Yet none of polish game developers non planned edition this game in Poland.
In a some time, I be astonished when i heard, that however TLJ will be edited in my country besides in full localization with good polish actors. In my well-known shop, i walked every week and asked " Is TLJ here?" :) . No, and no, and for week again no... ( but in press advertisement writed " a little while polish premiere TLJ!!!" In september, october, november....:mad: ) At my sight the sellers called from the treshold "STILL NOT BE YOUR GAME".
In the end I purchased TLJ near by before Christmas 2000 ( what'ś the surprise! :rolleyes: ) , costed 99 złotych - i don't know how much is in other values.
I played yet not before New Year eve. I decided, that SUCH and so long expected game must be begin at the turn of the century's :) . So a little magic :) . I seated before computer and... my wonderful journey with TLJ started.

TLJ is my beloved game. I' ve played seven times - simply it's single game which I never properly deleted from HDD - if I changed hardware configuration, in the first place I reinstalled TLJ. And probably, this game never me bored, I like find someting new after every once ( missed details, double April commentaries, places retained in my memory....)

That's all about it.
Once again, sorry for my english :o

tryingitout
01-23-2003, 11:33 PM
i guez i must be one of the late(st) people to buy the game =P

...bought the UK version, about last year (to be precise about 1 1/2 mths ago ;)

juz completed it once bout a couple of weeks ago or so ...and well its my 2nd time now :o ...

Jacksncats
01-24-2003, 12:01 AM
I've had TLJ (English version) for about a year and a half, maybe longer. I bought it when it was fairly new and therefore expensive. I paid $49.99, now I see it for $20! I've played now and then but just finished it 6 months ago.

KismetKat
01-24-2003, 07:37 AM
I bought the game just this Christmas when I was shopping for presents for my kids. The man at the shop said it was a bit like Myst (I am a HUGE Myst player, but not a gamer generally) - so I picked it up for myself. It was A$30 - so not that expensive.

I am only up to chapter 4 at the moment - not enough time to play :(

tryingitout
01-24-2003, 11:46 PM
KismetKat

oh no! :p ...hope you find time to continue it soon ....:D

KismetKat
01-26-2003, 06:44 AM
hope you find time to continue it soon ....

Thanks tryingitout - the kids go back to school on Wednesday so I might have myself a TLJ fest that day :D

Dec
01-26-2003, 11:34 PM
I bought the english (UK) version in August 2000 after reading the review at GameSpot. At first, the title cought my attention, then after reading the review I said to myself I should play this game. Played it a lot since then :)

Grandpa Bob
01-26-2003, 11:48 PM
I just bought the game last week at the local mall- i think it was the first time i had ever seen it on the shelves in my area, i remember hearing about it a few years back in a magazine, but that was when i was in the process of moving, and it kind of slipped my mind. I heard about it again recently when it won "Adventure game of the Year" -and you know how scarce adventure games are these days (when compared to other genres). So I got it for about $20, and love it. I finished it a couple days ago and I'm on my second time around, starting today.

Jazhara7
09-18-2003, 01:19 PM
I ordered it after reading in a computer magazine about it.
That was at the time when it was newly released in Germany.
I instantly loved it and hoped it would never end.
I played it again a couple of times, but then one of the CD's got a scratch somehow(WAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!) I couldn't play farther than the ship, then it crashed. Now my mother ordered a new one at e-bay , the installation worked well (although my computer sometimes has it's own head, and either throws out the CD if you don't want him to, or doesn't spit it out at all if you want it. It worked after a couple of tries, though):rolleyes: .
Now I hope I can play the complete game without any problems.

P.S: KismetKat, I think the game is not a lot like MYST, or am I mistaken. But that doesn't matter, I hope you still like it.
:)

Michael Elboim
09-18-2003, 04:59 PM
Wow... it was a few years ago... no it was last year!
I can't remember when but I think at november somthing like that... I got my english version (i'm from Israel) cause I heard that's the game of the year and stuff and I love quests... so I got it and my computer didn't like it so much... it took my ages to start the game!! and then I didn't want to play it... one day I saw it lie in my room... I got mad!! full installed it again!!! (Again!? can you believe it!!??) checked this sites FAQ for "why is my game crshes?" and I finished the game 5 or 6 times!! now I think i'll finish it again!!!:rolleyes: ;)

Hilander
09-18-2003, 07:10 PM
Looking at a long weekemd, both of my sons planned to be out of town and my car was going to be in the repair shop, so I stopped in Best Buy to see if I might find a game to help through an otherwise boring wekend (TV reruns just don't cut is and I will NOT walk 10 miles to get to the golf course) the cover on TJL caught my eye and THAT was it, blew the entire weekend working my way through it.