PDA

View Full Version : Hi(me too)

slayer
11-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Just joined the forum :)
Played the game 2 years ago, really enjoyed it (actually I played it again half year ago),

Also, I wanted to ask something about the sequel, you think Funcom will do something with the petition?
If they will, I hope they won't change the engine too much and make it heavy,
backgrounds and characters are enough, all they need to do is add more details to the characters, IMO

Shoeless
11-04-2002, 04:02 PM
I'd be willing to be the engine will receive a major overhaul. I only hope that they don't go with a real-time, rotatable 3D environment. It's totally unnecessary for this genre of game. Besides, it would make the attention to detail for the characters that much more impressive considering the ability of graphics cards these days. Throw in the nifty features like hardware anti-aliasing and all that other goodness and TLJ2 shouldn't have any excuses to flop in the "Gee-Whiz" department visually.

But then I'll forgive ANYTHING if the story is engaging enough.

the Poet
11-04-2002, 04:20 PM
I hope they go for an awesome story instead of awesome graphics. It's Ok the way it is now, but just a little better graphic would have been great.

Shoeless
11-04-2002, 05:10 PM
DEFINITELY. An improvement in the graphics would be all right, but as long as they stay true to their roots and make the story paramount, it should be okay. But considering the state of today's graphics cards, I admit, I'd be disappointed a little with anything less than eerily photorealistic if the backgrounds are all prerendered anyhow. Anti-aliasing would be nice. Improving the shadows would be a definite plus and real-time lighting effects. My God... that would kick ASS.

The motion capturing could also stand to be improved somewhat. Or wait, was TLJ mo-capped or not?