PDA

View Full Version : Do I have an orginal copy?

Gooberslot
10-31-2002, 10:49 AM
I just bought this game used and I'm wondering if these are the original cd's or if someone sold me a copy. The reason I ask is that there appears to be no copy protection at all on the cd's. Was there a release that didn't have copy protection? I've got games before that were supposed to be protected but weren't that I knew were originals so I know it can happen.

The cd's are white with the name of the game at the top, a big number on one side, the funcom label on the other, and the words "(c)Funcom 2000" at the bottom. Is there anyway to tell if these are originals?

the Poet
10-31-2002, 02:37 PM
I don't think there is a copy protection

Gooberslot
11-01-2002, 05:13 AM
Everything I've read says it is supposed to be protected. I've read it's supposed to use some kind of defective sectors that you can physically see on the cd. Plus I ran ClonyXXL on it and it said there was no protection.

the Poet
11-02-2002, 11:42 AM
I tried to copy one of the cd's just to check and there was no sign of a copy protection at all.

Gooberslot
11-03-2002, 01:26 AM
Hmm, maybe some of them weren't protected. Did you try the first CD? A lot of times the protection is only on the first cd.

Also, I was able to play it without the cd in the drive even though the install program said that even with the full install I would need the first cd in the drive for copy protection.

the Poet
11-03-2002, 04:54 PM
I tried them all, no problem