PDA

View Full Version : Should April be the main character of TLJ2?

okinon
10-04-2002, 05:24 PM
April Ryan is one of my favorite game characters ever, up there with Manny Calevera (Grim Fandango).

Now, my question is this, do you think she should be the main character in TLJ2?

Would you rather April be the main character...or....

would you want the makers of TLJ2 to take the road that some game developers are doing now (the makers of Deus Ex 2 come to mind), where the main playable character is new and different from the original, but the original main character still plays an important role in the sequel.

After all, part of the coolness of the story and April's character was self discovery.

Maybe in the sequel April could be the mentor to some new character, kinda like Cortez or Tobias was to April in the original.

the Poet
10-05-2002, 12:59 PM
Manny Calavera could be the new protagonist.

:D

just kidding...

hmmm, difficult question, good question...
At least she has to appear in the game, it would have been cool if she was the main character but there I hope there will be some new major/important characters too. And one thing I don't want is the whole game just with other people and other happenings. I hope they don't make it like an episode of Lassie. Know what I mean? ;)

TheSponge
10-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Maybe you can use April's daughter or son or whatever :-P And um.......I dunno.

Westhouse
10-14-2002, 02:26 PM
If we're talking prequel, then there's only one person that should be the main character: Brian Westhouse!

I got the impression that before he became trapped in Arcadia and became a lush he had some really neat globe-trotting adventures. A prequel could be about the crazy events that led up to his shift to Arcadia. We know that Cortez was there, so he would be character too. It would be interesting to see a Westhouse that's a younger and less-depressed version of the one we met in TLJ.

Soultek
10-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Trying not to give away any spoilers but in TLJ you know from talking to people April is gonna play a big part in another event in the history of the balance...i think its a sequel it should be about that...it ifs a prequel i think it should be cortez

JtheJackal
10-14-2002, 07:56 PM
Ragnar Tornquist said on his website April Ryan would not be the main charachter of a sequel