PDA

View Full Version : 2 things about the game music in TLG...

node1
09-04-2002, 04:07 AM
I really appreaciate that you guys let us download some of the tracks in the game!!! that is incredibly generous and fantastic. :)

So yeh, basically the following are two things which i would like a reply about if possible...

[1]. I've been looking around the internet for a musical piece from the game, specifically the short music in chapter 11 where gerald (jerry) the reception desk guy is, and april must make a special delivery (rotten pizza) to use the elivator. I remember the music well because it was a really nice repeating tune ... I was hoping to find that one and would love it if any1 knew where to get it. :) thx.

[2]. I noticed that on the music page (http://www.longestjourney.com/download/music/) of the official site that #36 reports a file size of 10.3mb ... But the file size download was actually 6.12mb? ... plus it sounds like the track gets finished early when listening to it.

--
Thank you also for such an indepth and amazingly detailed game!!! :)

cya

Pirateguybrush
09-04-2002, 06:17 AM
your download probably screwed up.

node1
09-04-2002, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Pirateguybrush
your download probably screwed up. sorry i wasn't more specific but the maximum file size possible to download is 6.12mb

eg. in the Internet Explorer download dialogue box will display (1.5mb of 6.12mb copied)

No more no less.. :) ... and the music page report of 10.3 mb is wrong... hopefully the track is indeed longer cause 4:27 minutes of such sweet music isn't enough! :D

Nulani
09-04-2002, 10:24 PM
Hnn; it's possible the file uploaded's corrupt and thus smaller than it's supposed to - I've seen it happen. And I agree, the music of TLJ's great and it's really nice to release the mp3s.

paramy8aki
09-05-2002, 06:21 PM
What about the cd? wont it be published at shops? I tried ordering it cuz I loved the music too much!but I couldnt cuz of the price to send it over to Greece!!!! Cant they send it over by normal post which is a lot cheaper than couriers?fifty euros for me are six lunches to eat...Anyway glad to know that everything is still alive :)

ChowTOdust
09-11-2002, 01:01 PM
I love the music to!

Heres a thing you would hate to miss... It's kind of a spoiler but I wont say HOW so read on imo.

Activate "the book of secrets" and complete the game, and you will be treated to lots and lots of sound out-takes. Bloody fine stuff... Bloody great.

Pirateguybrush
09-12-2002, 12:31 AM
use the tlj viewer to get any music or voice files. just search for tlj viewer on altavista or somefink

node1
09-12-2002, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Pirateguybrush
use the tlj viewer to get any music or voice files. just search for tlj viewer on altavista or somefink oooh, sweeet... oh and of-course the first thing i said to myself when reading that was "mmm, crumpled up cookie things..." (heh, weird i know).

much thx for this info!