PDA

View Full Version : How many?

Day
01-20-2004, 05:26 AM
Just curious how many times each person has played The Longest Journey...
I myself have only played twice in the 4 years I've had the game but I am starting again...this time- no walkthroughs! :D

JtheJackal
01-20-2004, 06:35 PM
I've only played it twice all the way through. Never really felt the need to do it more.

Jazhara7
01-20-2004, 08:32 PM
Uh...dunno...a lot? At least more than four times...

Am playing it again these days...in german, and for the first time in english, too...

- :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Talas
01-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Four times here :cool:

Tinypeek
01-21-2004, 04:26 PM

i tried to do it the second time, without saving, all in one breath.. and i got to the police station in like an hour? of course i skipped all the animation, and the dialogue... :D

i should also note that i started again RIGHT AFTER i beat the game. i felt that it was my duty to experience this masterpiece again! but then it was like... midnight... so i uhh... went to sleep, without saving... :p

although i didn't play it again, i watched the cutscenes over and over again! and visited the book of secrets NUMEROUS times!;)

Luthien^
01-22-2004, 10:06 AM
I've played the norwegian one 3 times, swedish 1 and english 1.
I must admit that the norwegian was the best, it was so harsh in comparission to the swedish one! :D

Michael Elboim
01-23-2004, 01:33 PM
5 or 6 times :D !!! and 7 soon!!!!! ;)

computertalker
01-30-2004, 11:21 PM
One time. I will play it again, before the sequel is available.

Hilander
01-31-2004, 05:06 AM
Not sure of the count, but I often load it up on the start of a long weekend, especially one where the weather looks like it will be too unpleasant to be out and about.

I never carry saves over, and usually I stop after the space trip, Part 13 I find a bit boring after the 1st time thru. Plus, Adrian is such a twit.

Day
01-31-2004, 05:13 AM
I've never had the pleasure of playing the game in different languages. How do the games differ? Meaning...do they have different scenes that the English version doesn't?

Hilander
01-31-2004, 05:38 AM
I wold suspect that the dialogue and dialogue subtitles are in the language of the verion out there, and maybe even any signs or other things involving the game would be in the appropriate language.

Jazhara7
01-31-2004, 10:22 AM
*grumble* In the german version they laid words into the mouth of Lady Alvane at the end...she calls herself April Ryan...grrr...Ragnar wrote in his Journal, that she doesn't do that in the original version...and I thought the Translation was quite good...GRRRRRRRRRR!

That's why I bought the english version now...

(But it proves, that Ragnar really reads the posts in the forums...not that I had any doubt about it...)

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hilander
01-31-2004, 07:30 PM
Maybe the translator didn't inderstand that the Lady Alvane question was a part of the plot of the rest of the game or maybe he just wanted to be a Festscheisser:)

Jazhara7
02-01-2004, 10:57 AM
I don't know...I haven't played until that point in the english version, so I couln't compare yet...

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

esque
02-16-2004, 12:48 AM
I played it up through chapter four or five last year, but it was my friends and I played it at her place. She loaned it to me and I just finished it, so about 1 and a half times, since I had to start over.